Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: We're sorry but we fixed it!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:25 am 

2.3 was the best buy 2.8.5 was a close 2nd. If we get the right maps AA:PG will be just as fun as the old days of 2.3

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 pm 

After years of being out of the loop on these forums, I just happened to browse a bit and low and behold I just happened to read this thread...well I perused it a bit... as, quite frankly, it sounds like a small group of gamers having a pissing match with a small group of kiddie scripters over a nonsensical issue... or two... or more...

However; when I got to this Spanky character's comment: "... then it would only serve to further divide the community, just like those deciding to play 2.8.5.", I had a better recollection of why I stopped visiting the forums. And, of course, I feel inclined to throw in my two cents regarding his remark.

FIRST: THE REASON aa25 lost a slew of their followers 'weigh' back when, was because they began getting legitimate information of the BACKDOOR TO THEIR COMPUTERS that the creators of AA25Assist built into it.

SECOND: AA2.5x, as opposed to AA2.8.5, was still riddled with problems, the kind the hackers and cheaters loved to exist in the game, as it made their world more enjoyable by making the legitimate gamers lives' less so.

THIRD: AA2.8.5 does still exist, and though there are only a mere hand full, or two, of OLD SCHOOL, RESPECTABLE, HONEST players playing it, mostly older folks such as myself... with jobs, families, and a common respect for others; it still out-'weighs' playing an older, less stable version.

FOURTH: IF, ANYONE, would like to join US simply know that you CAN DOWNLOAD AA2.8.5 still, and you CAN get instructions on how to set it up for game play, and you CAN play it, and you WILL be treated with the respect that each and ever person deserves, and you WILL be welcomed, provided... accordingly, that you return that respect to all you encounter in any 2.8.5 server, of which their are a handful of still in existence, most of which are sporting a number of the 755+ unique maps now available on 2.8.5, many of which were created by several OLD SCHOOL players and freely shared with the entire 2.8.5 community.

If anyone is interested, simply navigate your browsers to either one of the following sites, which will have everything you need to start playing 2.8.5 again:

http://chevys-place.nl/AA_285.php
http://www.bugsgang.com/category/downloads/

AND, regarding the 2.8.5 maps: Dodge and I have undertaken a project whereby we are collecting all known 2.8.5 maps and putting them through a Parentification process as well as weeding out cross-named duplicates ending up with a Set of Unique AA2.8.5 maps and will be making them available to all, both as singles and in Packs, once we have completed the project.

So... feel free to check out who's playing When, Where and on What Map after getting set up as I'm sure there will be others who would earnestly enjoy your company during some real OLD SCHOOL AA2.8.5 Gaming Sessions. And... remember that most of those server owners still maintain a TS or two for live voice interaction during gaming!!!

Here are two known viewers that allow you to see Who's on When and Where and on What map:

http://chevys-place.nl/all_trackers.php
http://www.bugsgang.com/server-trackers/

In closing: REMEMBER, this is a G A M E, and know that most of the remaining AA2.8.5 players that are still around treat it as such. What keeps us around... AND in connection with eachother... is the RESPECT and FREINDSHIP we continue to provide one another. That being said... if you are an ASSHAT, odds are none of us will take to kindly to your attempts to stymie what we have... 'nugh said!

Peace to ALL, and to ALL, a good night!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 pm 

It's not nice to spread misinformation. While I agree with most of what you said and will agree that 2.5 is older both in terms of the AA codebase and the engine, it is not instable or a hackers playground. When was the last time you played 2.5?

I won't discount the efforts everybody at Chevy's Place have put in, they're not any more or less admirable than our efforts or anyone else that's done 3rd party work for AA (anti-cheat groups, coders, modders, leagues, etc). We all have a common goal in supporting this game that had an impact in our lives. I also won't discount the advantages of 2.8.5, the AI, co-op maps, newer engine, newer features, vehicles, weapons... all that good stuff. My remark about 'dividing the community' is purely about the fact that Assist is the easiest and most reliable way of playing AA2. Yea, there's a colored past and the program isn't as good as it could be but you download it, it takes care of the installation and updating and you play just like it was when the official auth servers were up. My comment comes down to the fact that we weren't able to move to 2.8.5 even though we really wanted to. I know you dislike Assist and anyone that's worked for it but it would be better for the community if everybody was focused on the same goal, that's my point.

I do wish the players/community on 2.5 held a better standard for respect but it's been my experience that AA tends to draw childish [TOS Violation]. I am not excluded in that category, I've had my share of [TOS Violation] behavior. It's always counter-productive and takes away from the goal of making AA the best it can be. I think sometimes we get passionate about the things we're fond of and sometimes opinions get heated and take a turn for the worse.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, to you guys at Chevy's Place, feel free to stop by and really learn what Assist/AAO25 is about. Leave your opinions about my [TOS Violation] past behavior and Assist's controversial past at the door and experience what it is NOW. It really is a good project with the community's best interest in mind.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm 

KOOLKiller, I didn't read the whole thread, but I read your comment and Spanky's response.

I understand that you and maybe other players had a previously bad experience with AA Assist, but as Spanky said, give it another go and I am sure you will enjoy your time on there.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:27 pm 

Way busy with real life stuff right now... work... but know that I do plan on responding; hopefully this weekend... until then... peace to all...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics