Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 6 Simple Ways to Join AA3 Servers
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm 

Which loader browser, I can't get Steam to work, I select a server but nothing happens...or you mean I should type an IP, or what?

Anyway, my point is, they don't listen to us so they don't need a break, they don't. I think Josh said it best in another thread:

Josh885 wrote:
To be honest I hate to say it but the development of this game reminds of a lot of open source stuff that's coded by amateur/aspiring volunteers. Everyone wants to do the fun stuff like add new features but no one wants to go through the code and fix what they already have. So what happens is things get changed, "improved," or added just for the sake of doing it when it's not really needed and when what's there doesn't even work right as it is.

For example while bugs and lag issues are still rampant the devs saw fit to make whole new score board that wasn't needed instead of fixing the issues. I mean the lag when there's more than like 12 people on a server is killing the game. It's a little better but the game is still basically unplayable with over 15 people on a server. That's what should be worked on not some fancier score board. Not to mention leaving the surefire selectable on the load out screen after deciding not to put it in the game is pure amateur hour.

Sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm 

hummm, .. serious?? You cant get steam to work? But the game is only distributed via steam, how do you update to the actual version? HOw did you ever play since last december?

makes me wonder? trolling?
Ben :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:41 pm 
Fireworks Fanatic

Kill-J wrote:

The thing is, they don't deserve a break, they need to fix this yesterday or it's gone. I can't even play anymore because of Steam UI not working on my comp and no ingame server browser. How many has the same problem? They say they listen to the community, let them prove it, now.

I couldent agree more, I cant understand how people are keeping there jobs!

Does the U.S army not care that such junk is released in its name? great advert!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 am 

BenOBL wrote:
hummm, .. serious?? You cant get steam to work? But the game is only distributed via steam, how do you update to the actual version? HOw did you ever play since last december?

makes me wonder? trolling?
Ben :mrgreen:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Steam is working and I can start the AA3 Steam loader but when I choose a server and press play now, nothing happens. I used to play via AA3Game.exe but that 2 doesn't work since ingame browser is broken. So, I haven't played AA3 since this last patch, Instead I'm playing AA2.5, which has been taken over by the community, thank god!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:26 am 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6157

Read #3, slight variation on the method that you are useing

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 am 

It's a free game, it's funded by the government/ Army, I am happy the game is as good as it is. I think everyone in dev and beta have done a great job. Every PC platform game has issues and fixes etc...so this one won't be any different. I salute the efforts being made to improve the game and appreciate all the work put into it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 pm 

GBGangsta wrote:
Its an unfortunate issue but not a show stopper with multiple alternate ways to connect so lets try to keep it in perspective.

Thanks

Pat

You sure about that? What happens when a new player tries the game and sees no servers in the browser. Do you really think they will go find alternate ways to join a server? Or search for these forums and find this post. I highly doubt it, they will simply uninstall. So as it's not a complete "gamebreaker" it does put a halt to new players starting the game. Which is why you guys added the AI, glowsticks, and automatic shouts to the game in the first place correct?

Not to mention the next wave of long term players who quit because of your (the devs) incompetence.

I usually play this game on a daily basis. I have not loaded it up since the "hotfix".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - Server Support