Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: How to not suck at AA3! Step- by - Step guide!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:58 am 

AA3 is hard, we know. A small mistake one person makes can lead to the catastrophic failure of the entire team in seconds. I'm writing this simple stepped guide because I'm always on the team with said idiots. So please, inexperienced player and veterans alike, memorize this, this is your new bible.

1. Don't Rush Alone!

This is the worst mistake you can make. And the sad part is, cocky veterans do it more than the inexperienced player do! This is not Call of Duty, this is not Battlefield. Playing AA3 with those games in mind is a good way to die. Slow down speedracer, take the time to watch every doorway, and take the time to check every nook and cranny. The best enemies hide in the most unorthodox places, places that you would run by and think nothing of it, which will soon turn into a place where you will get shot 6 times at point blank range.

Which leads me to my next point..

2. Don't Assume Anything!

Don't assume that just because it's your spawn point you're safe. Don't assume that just because you were just down that hallway you're safe. Guess what, the action starts the second the game begins. The maps in AA3 are rather large, perfect for a small group of men to flank you. I've seen it happen time and time again, a person sets up against a ledge, doesn't watch his flanks or back, and then boom he gets shot from behind and dies. Don't assume that you're teammates will take the bullet for you, because chances are they won't. They will not run all the way back to save you, no matter how many times you spam medic. Watch, your flanks, check you six.

Which leads me to my next point

3. You Teammates are not Heroes

They will not help you. They will not do the work for you. 12 players to a team, and every single one counts. They are healing you because in this game numbers are very important. They're not healing you because they care, if anything they're mad you were dumb enough to die in the first place. A Teammate will not take a bullet for you. They will watch your back, and you will watch theirs, and together, you will complete the objective. That's all there is to it.

4. Be ready for close-quarter-combat at ALL TIMES!

It drives me crazy when people walk around crouching and looking through their sights on maps like Impact and Stronghold. First and foremost, stand up. Standing is the best for close quarter combat, you move fast, and you get more shots in quicker. Aim from the hip if he's close regardless of your aimpoint. Remember:

Crouching = Distance
Standing = Close
Aiming = Accuracy
Hipfire = Speed

I never suggest you go prone.

5.3 shot burst or Autofire!

Simple enough, even if you do have a trigger finger, its just better this way if you get scared and need to react quickly.

6. Down in Front!

I cannot stress this enough, croush if someone is behind you, or get to the side. Most people, like me, Don't care about rank, we will not hesitate to blow your head off because you're blocking our shots.

7. Aim for the Chest!

It's the best place to hit, when you usually hit their arms in the process and the recoil will often cause you to hit them in the head.

8. Heal fallen teammates!

Cover others whilst they heal you, for they are completely powerless.

9. Flank!

This is not the 1800s. Starting a major firefight right across from someone is a good way to end the round in under 60 seconds.

10. You Matter!

Don't think that because youre a inexperienced player you should be all the way in the back, acting as reserves and keeping your hands clean so long as you can. Even one stray shot can be even to put someone in critical condition.

11. Be Brave!

This is may sound silly, put people think that just because they're out numbered they should turn their back to their opponent and see if they can outrun a bullet. It drives me crazy.

13. Learn between Combat and Tactical Stance, and when to use it.

Tactical Stance makes you quieter, but you move your feet and gun slower. Combat stance makes you move faster, but louder. When you aim down your sights you go into tactical stance.

Last edited by Tokowei on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to not suck at AA3! Step- by - Step guide!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 am 

except #1 i have to agree.nice post ;)

but you forgot the most important:

MEDIC YOUR BUDDYS!!!!

its just a simple click :D

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:12 am 

I dont think you can teach someone by giving them a step by step instruction.. the only way to learn is to get out and play.. the more you play the better you will be, considering you learn to adapt.

I agree with Flatlander .. medic is important in this game cause outnumbering the other team sometimes is key.. learn the medic system and use it quick.. if youre sitting there thinking or take more than a few seconds youre dead...

I also dont agree with #1 .. you say "the sad part is, cocky veterans do it " ya because were experianced enough to do it and do it well..

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 am 

#1 Dont Rush, alone.
Bring a buddy and flank the crap out of the opposing team still at spawn.
A couple of rushers is a great distraction for the main force.

Who ever gets to a choke point first wins, mostly.
So move out.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:25 am 

frankof wrote:
Who ever gets to a choke point first wins, mostly.

this is the KEY for rushing.. its not so much rushing out to get kills or die fast.. its about getting to that key possision on the map that you know will benefit you .. you get to places the other team doesnt think you will be.. the element of surprise is huge and the only way is to rush... in the end rushing has huge advantages

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:15 am 

Like Frankof said,
Quote:
A couple of rushers is a great distraction for the main force.

Don't rush if you can't handle it. Some can, some can't.

A point of advice I'd like to give is that I always try to think of getting in a spot in which I have the minimal amount of opportunity to be attacked from. For example, if your in a room with 3 windows and 1 door, make an adjustment such that you can see out all 3 windows and the door, but only be shot at through the door.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 am 

I am rather experienced on ranch but I will only rush to the positions that are right near the house because I suck at rushing. I'll pop one made and fall back to second floor before the e have a chance to shoot back. Support rolls like dmr and 320 are better for not rushing.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:05 pm 

#2 Dont assume anything.

I assume alot thats how i get around and get kills i assume where they will go once i seen them so i can get around and make the kill..If i see and enimie going far mid east and im hotel second floor window.i then assume where hes going and head there to meet him. P.S I rush a ton but mostly like Doba and others have said its a half map type deal.

HooaH best working game ever!
AA3 loves trollers cause they dont tell the truth!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:05 pm 

Fail Thread.

If soldiers without any kind of training who even dont know what is the key to heal team mates, are allowed to play online as a member of a team, must be a fail thread.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 pm 

Don-

Is that sig of yours so you can remember the melt down you had in which you recieved it????

LOL :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA3 - General Discussion