Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Tutorials and Assets

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Tutorial]Shark-Movement track
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:48 pm 

Movement tracks
Shark Movement track rotational matinee.
Once you set up your matinee and add a movement track , set the time scale to something like 30 seconds."now this depends on how long the circular movement track will be..Mine is based off a shark swimming around a boat or in a small bay.
If your intending on doing one around a island I would set the time scale to something like 120 seconds or 3 minutes or even more .
Once this is done.You want to start setting up key frames..

Step one
Grab the black Movement track slider and slide it up to the 10 second mark and leave it.
Make sure your sharky interp actor is selected and move him to a appropriate distance once happy add your first key by clicking "add key" or press Enter.
Now you have your first part of your movement track set up.

Next grab the black Movement track slider and move it to the 20 second mark and leave it..
Select your shark and change your widget to rotation and slightly rotate your shark and move the shark to a appropriate position once happy select"Add key" to add another key frame.
Continue to do this until your shark ends up at your first initial key frame.Hopefully creating a full circular movement track..
Once done your Movement track should look something like this..
Now you can select and key frame and change its position.
Keep adjusting your movements and rotations of your shark until you get your awesome track finished..
This is a quick tutorial,Showing the very basics of a simple movement track.
If you have any issues please message me or add to this thread..
Delta...

Post subject: Re: [Tutorial]Shark-Movement track
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:02 am 

Cool stuff delta !

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:37 am 

Thanks delta I figured it could be done somewhat like that. I just thought that there would be away to take the movement track and convert to circle. I did come across something about anchoring the actor but the instruction was clear for a beginner.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:54 pm 

Awesome and my pleasure hope you get your movement track all sorted..Please post images of your funky shark and track would love to see it...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Tutorials and Assets