Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Additional Weaponry Suggestion.
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:32 pm 

I wouldn't mind seeing the 240B in the game!! When i was 11 Bang Bang i loved that weapon!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:02 pm 

Tiqwa. wrote:
Did you read my reply mate? This suggestion is not regarding the SMG weapon. It's regarding handguns, machine gun and M14.

Anyways, is that supposed to be responded by a developer or there's a different procedure?

The general direction of the thread had shifted towards smg's.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:28 pm 

Tiqwa. if I understand your proposal, you suggest to add more weapons just for the sake of having more of them. This will probably not be taken seriously by a lot of users. Even if we would like to see more weapons in the game, the majority understand, that any new weapon introduced to the game requires not just skin update to add fun factor, but actual weapon tuning and tweaking. Also there is something like army standards issues, that developers are trying to maintain, so even SMG is in question here.

Currently developers are working on adding new weapons for the OPFOR team, so I doubt, that there will be much time or need for any more weapons, at list in the near future. Let's wait and see how those new weapons will enhance the game before demanding more.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:50 am 

Again, each of those weapons have different characteristics (maybe except the machinegun). I think we need one weapon which is not shooting bullets fast, but a bolt action rifle. The SMG is really good, but I suggested it in my suggestion "New Classes". The handguns are useful, as they're different from the one we have right now. It's ridiculous that we have only one choice of secondary weapon. So it's not about the fun, but it's more about enlarging the variation.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:36 am 

So what is the end goal? In my opinion games are meant to be fun, I personally do not consider more choice of weaponry a fun factor if it is not impacting the game play in any way. On the side arms example I don't care what am I using, beretta, glock or m9, it will not make any difference, as pistol is not that effective and is a last resort.
Now we have a bolt action m24 in game, a single shot (since the full auto was removed) m14, m16 with singe and burst fire modes, fully automatic m4 and SAW, a pump action shotgun. They are all different, but when there was no restriction everyone would chose m4. So in order to add more guns, that would actually be used in game, they need to be different and to be different they need to be balanced out.

So it's really hard at list for me to follow you, you say that this game is representing the army, then you suggest to add bunch of weapons and classes, that have nothing to do with army standards. Then you say that there should be more weapon choices, but not for fun factor. What is it for then?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:39 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:
What we used to have in AA2:

M16A2
M4A1
M4A1 SOPMOD (SF RIFLE)
M16A2 / M203 GRENADE LAUNCHER
M24
M82
M249
AK-47
AKS-74U
AKS-74U SPETNAZ (OPFOR SF RIFLE)
AK-47 / GP30 GRENADE LAUNCHER
MOSIN-NAGANT
DRAGUNOV SVD
VSS VINTOREZ
MAKAROV
RPG-7
PG-7VR TANDEM WARHEAD RPG
RPK
SPR
BERETTA
JAVELIN
M136 AT4
M141 BDM
FRAG GRENADE
SMOKE GRENADE
INCENDIARY GRENADE
STUN GRENADE
DOOR BREACHES
PIPEBOMB IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE (IED)

Taken from the aao manual:
US WEAPONS - http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.ph ... my_Weapons
OPFOR WEAPONS - http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.ph ... gn_Weapons

Just remember that we did not have access to all the weapons on all the maps, a lot of those weapons where maps specific.

Also on regular infantry maps you did not have access to SF weapons, so it meant no SOPMOD (SF RIFLE), unless the server had been modded by and admin, and that use to stir up a lot of controversy.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 pm 

I think this game represents the army. The weapons I suggested are currently/actively used by US army (atleast that's what the Internet says). I think the game should exhibit more flanks of the army, not just the regular classic soldier type. There are special forces, why don't we have those weapons they use? We have Inner Hospital, is it a map for infantry soldiers? I guess it's more of a SWAT mission, realistically thinking. The SMG, the M14 and the handguns are different, unique and will bring some new factor to the game. The M14 is to be used by Rifleman, normal infantry. I don't know how to explain it, but it's a gun that shoots automatically but not fastly. The SMG is a completely different kind of weapon, with different mechanics and usage. The handguns are not as effective as rifles, that's correct, but does it mean we never use them? Glock, Desert Eagle, M9, so many types of handguns, why can't we add atleast one from that huge list of weapons?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:49 pm 

I think part of the genius of the SF maps was so that there was more variety of weapons that the player could use. Granted that no one really ever wanted to use an unmodded AK-74, but the RPK and RPG were quite popular. Then we started to get the AT4, JAVELIN and the like. I do think that variety is good, but either way, if the Devs begin to add more weapons, let it be done in the future. The most important thing right now get the game in great shape for release to get an established player base.

Personally, I would love to see the some classic Army weapons make an appearance of some sort (e.g., M1 Garand/Carbine, M1918, M60, M1911, M1917 Enfield) it would be really neat. However, I have no idea how it'd even be balanced. Could even simply have a WWII pack/mod with skins and such to make everything look like WWII :lol:.

Last edited by Whiplash27 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 pm 

Whiplash27 wrote:
The most important thing right now get the game in great shape for release to get an established player base.

i agree, and also a solid foundation to then continue building on :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:18 am 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

I think that the OP missed the point of the pictures in the second post. Those people were in the Army when those weapons pictured were in use. Excluding the pistolzz.

The weapons used in the game are normally CURRENT military issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion