Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Additional Weaponry Suggestion.
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 am 

I don't see any reason why not adding more weapons to AA:PG. It's a little dull to shoot with the same few weapons all the time. It's much more exciting and intriguing when you have a large menu of weaponry.

I don't see anything wrong about adding those I've listed, perhaps they might be replaced; but yet, we need additional weaponry, and that's a very emphasized argument along a lot of AA:PG players.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am 

Bumped!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 am 

I wouldn't mind an SMG (really fast ADS times, etc), but otherwise variety just makes balance more difficult. I would rather have a small selection of weapons that are diverse and well balanced than a large selection of weapons, most of which get ignored once the best weapons are proven.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 pm 

I don't suggest a lot of weapons. I am talking about adding 5-7 new weapons (including those stated in my New Classes suggestion). We need new handguns, and we need additional weaponry. I don't see the balance getting difficult consequently that suggestion being implemented.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm 

.sauce I would like to see your thoughts on SMG's characteristics. As I see this gun in my image, it's lighter and shorter then the assault rifle, so it's not that accurate on a long range or it should be harder to control while firing. The un-sighted cone of fire in this instance should be bigger then m4, or should increase more in size during firing. Now mp5 have a big verity of mag sizes, from 15-35 rounds? Usually games are associating mp5 with high fire rate, low damage weapon, so the choice is around 25-30.

Obviously mp5 will offer a high speed ready to fire package consisting of fast sight, fast pull, fat reload, but there is a problem in my opinion where a single bullet to the head kills and in most games mp5 was balanced with at list two hits to the head. So what do you think about this?

Regarding the rest of the weapons It would be more realistic (it's not in terms of RL, but in terms of developers actually accepting it) to add NATO weapons to the game, since this time the conflict is obviously moved to Europe, why not involve US "allies" and take their weapons, because what you are suggesting is more like payed international contractors that are used by US and I doubt, that US army would like to associate itself with them in any manner.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:41 pm 

Tiqwa. wrote:
I don't suggest a lot of weapons. I am talking about adding 5-7 new weapons (including those stated in my New Classes suggestion). We need new handguns, and we need additional weaponry. I don't see the balance getting difficult consequently that suggestion being implemented.

The current balancing has been difficult and has taken well over a year. So yes, even 1 weapon can upset that. It's not just about adding weapons, it's about adding value. The SMG, to me, has value. They should offer functional value in game, provide the ability to do something another weapon selection cannot. Extra pistols are minor adjustments and all are still, in the end, handguns.

X, I don't think it needs to be that different as far as the weapon characteristics are concerned. Higher recoil, cone slightly large than m4. I think it's value would be added in ready time from sprint and ADS time, both should be the fastest in the game. Make it the assaulter's weapon of choice in close quarters. I would make it a similar ROF to the m4 (as it is) with whatever it's standard magazine count would be. Nothing super fast, just enough to give an edge. 1 shot to the head is fine, you have to move to take advantage and movement is loud so defender still has plenty of in-game queues to be ready for the assault.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 am 

I agree about what you said regarding SMG - but this suggestion is not talking about adding SMGs. This suggestion offers M14, which is way different by its characteristics than the M4. I think adding a single bullet rifle would enhance the whole fun for those who like to play quiet. :)

.sauce, perhaps handguns are not the biggest part of the weapon set, but it's a secondary weapon. Those handguns stated are different by their characteristics from the current handgun, and that's something I think we should consider. Additionally, in specific actions/missions, the handgun plays a major role, therefore it would be favorable if we had 3-4 handguns and not one.

The machine gun offers variation of Autorifleman weaponry - and that's making the whole thing much more interesting and exciting. I don't know what characteristics those machine guns have, but I am sure they have difference.

The whole idea of this game (from my perspective) is to provide a realistic portrayal of armed forces in action. And in my opinion, those additional weapons, new classes and knives; these will promise the success of the portrayal and will just increase the interest from the public to play this game more and more. Normally, people get bored after a few months from playing the same thing, and therefore I think we have to innovate this game as much as possible, as often as possible, as effectively and efficiently as possible - as that's the key to keep people inquisitive and curious about this game (and potentially, curious in joining the armed forces of US).

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm 

Make the SMG a 20 bullet mag/clip whatever with a bigger spray pattern, recoil and smaller damage per bullet on ranged shots.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:24 pm 

Did you read my reply mate? This suggestion is not regarding the SMG weapon. It's regarding handguns, machine gun and M14.

Anyways, is that supposed to be responded by a developer or there's a different procedure?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:35 pm 

i think people are just throwing out ideas on your topic as its something that interests them too (or not) and relates..

if forums in general didnt work like that.. we would have a forum full of the same questions :lol: if its solely developer input your seeking, good luck with that, but for now you have to make do with other peoples opinions on something you posted too :mrgreen:

that said, gief SMG :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion