Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Army Game Studio’s Virtual Training Environment
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:59 am 
AACM
AACM

"What I’d want civilians considering the Army to realize from my work is, it’s always about the team, it’s never about you. It’s about the deed, not the glory,” Roberts said.

The above quote by America's Army developer Matt "[Dev]Doc" Roberts is taken from a recent Armed with Science blog entry. The blog covers Matt's responsibilities as a game developer at the Army Game Studio.

Former U.S. Army Soldiers Matt Roberts and Ben Day, along with Lead Animator Steve Ross, are suited up at the
Army Game Studio helping create Motion Capture content that artists and developers will use to produce authentic
content for the America’s Army Game. Roberts and Day now work as game developers helping to showcase the true
life of Army Soldiers by exploring Army values, careers and technology.

The studio is best known for developing “America’s Army,” the free online official U.S. Army video game that launched more than a decade ago. Since then, the Army Game Studio has continually developed the game, innovating to the extent of applying the gaming technology to training simulations for real Army soldiers.

At the Army Game Studio, Roberts’ primary responsibilities include designing new systems, game levels and environments, while functioning as the glue between programmers and artists.

Check out the entire article at Armed With Science.

Post subject: Re: The Army Game Studio’s Virtual Training Environment
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:54 am 

Nice read. I'm excited for the announced improvements of PG this year. I hope it will interest me like AA2 and AA3 one day. Even though I like dwelling in the past and fire up some AA2 or AA3 (and I really wish AA2 would be on Steam as well), things need to move forward.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 am 

This Steve Ross guys looks like a very switched on guy. Id like to see more pictures of him pointing at things, very Kin Jong Un esque.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:35 pm 

some people have very interesting and fun looking careers.. but hey, im not jealous.

who mocaps the backflips?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements