Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: When Will The Beta End?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm 

xinon wrote:
[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
Unless they make some whole boot camp gimmick training ground mode to please the people that played AA2 training. Will just be a hoop to jump through to play the game. In game hints are simple and effective.

To provide the ultimate real Army experience at launch we have an all new training plan.

Everyone is going to have to report to Ft Benning for a 3 week condensed basic training cycle before their account will be activated for online play.

Nice. I thought I had seen this news earlier.. on facebook or smtg. I just can't seem to find the link.

edit, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/plzsk5p

Hahaaaa :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:29 pm 

xinon wrote:
[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
Unless they make some whole boot camp gimmick training ground mode to please the people that played AA2 training. Will just be a hoop to jump through to play the game. In game hints are simple and effective.

To provide the ultimate real Army experience at launch we have an all new training plan.

Everyone is going to have to report to Ft Benning for a 3 week condensed basic training cycle before their account will be activated for online play.

Nice. I thought I had seen this news earlier.. on facebook or smtg. I just can't seem to find the link.

edit, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/plzsk5p

Good one lol :lol:

do positive actions
and the positive grows.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 pm 

Can i ask what forum software your moving too ?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:04 pm 
Developer
Developer

_V@POR_ wrote:
Can i ask what forum software your moving too ?

Vanilla

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:26 pm 

Wow....really? No ipb or vbulletin?

Figured they (ipb or vb) would be superior to Vanilla. I have used vanilla before for testing purposes but the advantages of paid software seem to outweigh the "free" software genres correct? The api's for paid software are superior compared to free software but if it works then more power to the team.

I just don't see why you wouldn't use the most popular paid solutions is all....lol.....and if your messing with me about Vanilla software: that was mean :)

Paid software is far more scalable :P

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 am 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

Guys from this game that dress up as an active soldier and walk around the mall are happy.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 am 

if you pay for travel expenses, we have a deal.. i could use the exercise :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 am 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
I still think a inexperienced player mode for the first few levels would help new players learn the game better. Played yesterday and saw some level 2 guy bleed out because he didn't know he had to or how to bandage. If there was some on screen message with an arrow to the health bar to tell them what is going on and how to fix it players might learn quicker. This can then be automatically disabled at level say 5 or in options.

Yep. Often i feel bad for the newcomers that have no clue and are just getting destroyed. And there's always that 1 guy on VOIP that can't imagine that a person can have 0 experience in an FPS game. That doesn't help at all.

Low honor servers and on screen tips would help alot i think. Or a simple tutorial in the form of an obstacle course which includes things like ADS and hipfire accuracy, bandaging, tactical mode, etc.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:14 am 

loc dog21 wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
I still think a inexperienced player mode for the first few levels would help new players learn the game better. Played yesterday and saw some level 2 guy bleed out because he didn't know he had to or how to bandage. If there was some on screen message with an arrow to the health bar to tell them what is going on and how to fix it players might learn quicker. This can then be automatically disabled at level say 5 or in options.

Yep. Often i feel bad for the newcomers that have no clue and are just getting destroyed. And there's always that 1 guy on VOIP that can't imagine that a person can have 0 experience in an FPS game. That doesn't help at all.

Low honor servers and on screen tips would help alot i think. Or a simple tutorial in the form of an obstacle course which includes things like ADS and hipfire accuracy, bandaging, tactical mode, etc.

i don't think low honor servers are an issue. Lots of highier ranked players have migrated over to private servers its just the hard core team stackers left on the officials..... if you join you normally will see about 80% players are level 15 and under.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements