Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: When Will The Beta End?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 am 

dgodfather wrote:
Whenever VIP comes about, please require a minimum level/rank to be the VIP (VVIP - Veteran Very Important Person). There are entirely too many inexperienced player making for extremely short rounds not fully understanding the situation at hand.

They said they will be bringing training back, and I hope they will, so just require all training be completed(?).
I think if it were an option to choose to be vip most people would avoid it as a new player because you're at 10 hp with a bad gun.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm 

I still think a inexperienced player mode for the first few levels would help new players learn the game better. Played yesterday and saw some level 2 guy bleed out because he didn't know he had to or how to bandage. If there was some on screen message with an arrow to the health bar to tell them what is going on and how to fix it players might learn quicker. This can then be automatically disabled at level say 5 or in options.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:11 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
I still think a inexperienced player mode for the first few levels would help new players learn the game better. Played yesterday and saw some level 2 guy bleed out because he didn't know he had to or how to bandage. If there was some on screen message with an arrow to the health bar to tell them what is going on and how to fix it players might learn quicker. This can then be automatically disabled at level say 5 or in options.

as daft as these kinda things may sound to 800h veteran players.. you are quite right bada, and since the few training missions/levels we have are not mandatory, and easily lost/not apparent within the launcher options, we can presume players are jumping into the game blindly and then struggling.

i have seen a lot of new players neglect to bandage too, its horrible to watch sometimes, the health bar is going down and the dude is oblivious.. you know whats even worse? i have seen players get vote kicked because they didnt bandage, after losing the round by bleedout. infact, on that subject.. i see new players camp = kicked, pickup someone being watched , which cost both their lives = kicked.. and the best one.. a guy asking for help on how to change his weapon optic to one he had seen another guy use (acog).. even got a reckless unwarranted kick once, not before being called a nub of course.

its a harsh environment being new to AA and it seems to me unless your a very fast learner.. your going to get kicked out of servers 'a lot'.. which if you ask me sucks bigtime and is harmful to the playerbase. but what can you do except use your measly 1 vote for 'no' and hope others show the same mercy? nothing, as there is nothing.

but yeah i agree, more help for the new players!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 am 

Unless they make some whole boot camp gimmick training ground mode to please the people that played AA2 training. Will just be a hoop to jump through to play the game. In game hints are simple and effective.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:23 pm 
Developer
Developer

TheBadaBing! wrote:
Unless they make some whole boot camp gimmick training ground mode to please the people that played AA2 training. Will just be a hoop to jump through to play the game. In game hints are simple and effective.

To provide the ultimate real Army experience at launch we have an all new training plan.

Everyone is going to have to report to Ft Benning for a 3 week condensed basic training cycle before their account will be activated for online play.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:33 pm 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

To provide the ultimate real Army experience at launch we have an all new training plan.

Everyone is going to have to report to Ft Benning for a 3 week condensed basic training cycle before their account will be activated for online play.

O.O

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:41 pm 

Nice! I watched my best friend graduate basic there. It will be fun to revisit. :-D

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

Thumb UP!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:15 pm 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:

Finaly, i had my bags packed for weeks!! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

Nice. I thought I had seen this news earlier.. on facebook or smtg. I just can't seem to find the link.

edit, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/plzsk5p

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » News & Announcements