Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Access to stats
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:52 pm 

this thread is from october. devs - 6 months later. wheres the functionality for this biz? get your stuff together

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm 

the whole 3rd party thing was axed, and i doubt you will ever get a response regardless how much you try. Homey has been trying since open beta was released, he gave up asking for legal consent, because AACM and official team gave him 0 response back which is really a shame, considering all the independent time, money, and sacrifice he took to make it such a thriving community. Homey, and the tracker camp drove so much activity to the community and gave it a place to express true opinion a place where EVERYONE could share their ideas with out posts being edited or deleted by administration.
I don't think AA took too well to a unofficial 3rd party community that was more popular and populated then their own, and i don't think they want to take the chance of re-visiting that path, which is upsetting, because from past experience it's been the best way to drive, generate, and retain player base for them.

Hopefully this thread can generate response.

GBGangsta wrote:
We will be looking in to some changes to the web code in the upcoming months and will be looking to see what we can do in this area

I will be compiling the information some have given me directly in the past but if there are any specific needs please let us know here so we can take them in to consideration

As always this is not a promise to deliver everything but we will do what we can

nobody else see's this as an empty statement just to shut mouths, and calm the cloud and mood around this issue, "we will be looking to see what we can do in this area... immediately followed by " this is not a promise to deliver"

I'm sure anyone who has an ex-wife, or has undergone a mass lay-off or company take over or downsize, or followed politics knows exactly what this type of talk is, and means.

It's a lead on - empty promise that is meant to cover and hush the issue with out fixing it, with hope it goes away, and when it re-surfaces you get slightly different run around message, or a half asked solution with extreme limitation.

Edit: i'd also love to see what you have in store )2ampage, providing things do work in favor of this.
Hopefully this would re-vitalize and bring life back to AAPG-Daily too, i enjoy the lay out there, it's very aesthetically pleasing and well done, would be nice to see the tracker there improved upon and some life there, or a comparable community, and tracker created which is as visually pleasing

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:47 pm 

It's pretty clear to me the intent is to improve the website to show things being asked for, not allow access to data for third party use. Good luck getting a legitimate answer.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:54 pm 

dgodfather wrote:
It's pretty clear to me the intent is to improve the website to show things being asked for, not allow access to data for third party use. Good luck getting a legitimate answer.

yeah, i kinda thought the exact same.. not so long back im sure they asked what kind of things we would like to see 'statistic' wise.

so, with this whole integration thing.. im assuming they are gonna try and fulfil the needs for tracking and that kind of stuff, internally.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:33 pm 

$tatus wrote:
Edit: i'd also love to see what you have in store )2ampage, providing things do work in favor of this.
Hopefully this would re-vitalize and bring life back to AAPG-Daily too, i enjoy the lay out there, it's very aesthetically pleasing and well done, would be nice to see the tracker there improved upon and some life there, or a comparable community, and tracker created which is as visually pleasing

Rampage put so much work into this effort. He brought me and clams4shoes onboard and we build all the functionality and a beautiful front end to bring third party tracking to the community. After all that pushing for some better server query returns it looks like they are just going to do the project in house.

Pretty lame for the community. A massive waste of all the time we spent. Hopefully what they do inhouse is as good as what we had in store.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 pm 
Developer
Developer

As we've discussed elsewhere, we have a new website and soldier page in the works for launch.

This will give you access to MUCH more detailed information than has ever been available before.

We will show more on this as the page is finalized.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:00 am 

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
This will give you access to MUCH more detailed information than has ever been available before.

If it's still only information on html pages then it's dead information. We need stuff like json, xml. But it's all been mentioned before already

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion