Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: recoil question
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:07 am 

The error seen in where the person is aiming does provide some insight into what's happening, though. Precise data (exactly where the person is aiming) is becoming slightly imprecise for spectators; this requires less server bandwidth since less information is being sent.

How much would this affect a spectator's ability to observe well-controlled recoil? I don't know.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:50 am 

JoseyWales wrote:
Being a few pixels off or not being shown at the correct location has nothing to do with showing recoil. The exact location is not needed to know if someone has recoil or not. That gun is going to bounce some no matter what. For example if I can see someone teebag over and over or any other twitch action, I can see that gun bounce too.

There is only a few instance when recoil is muted and thats with good health and iron sights, or it bugging out, which happens to me quite a bit sometimes.

EXACTLY!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:04 pm 

=[UcG]=SMILEY=) wrote:
JoseyWales wrote:
Being a few pixels off or not being shown at the correct location has nothing to do with showing recoil. The exact location is not needed to know if someone has recoil or not. That gun is going to bounce some no matter what. For example if I can see someone teebag over and over or any other twitch action, I can see that gun bounce too.

There is only a few instance when recoil is muted and thats with good health and iron sights, or it bugging out, which happens to me quite a bit sometimes.

EXACTLY!

JaK- wrote:
Sometimes you see recoil, sometimes you do not. It is not an all or nothing thing. It is a bug. Now if a player is consistently not showing recoil, there is probably an issue. What is more helpful than actually looking at the weapon bounce, is watching the tracers and paintballs coming out.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 pm 

I don't know why your repeating yourself Jak, that means nothing. If you were right, by the time the game got a min in and everyone had shot a few rounds off, we'd be spectating people looking at walls and ceilings while they moved off in funny angles... lol

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm 

JoseyWales wrote:
I don't know why your repeating yourself Jak, that means nothing. If you were right, by the time the game got a min in and everyone had shot a few rounds off, we'd be spectating people looking at walls and ceilings while they moved off in funny angles... lol

If I was right? There is an obvious bug that shows no recoil for spectators AT TIMES. Nothing more, nothing less.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:26 pm 

Its not possible, If what you said was true there would be an indication of that. Recoil ties directly into mouse/screen position. So if that was true you'd be watching people walking around looking at the floor because they still have to correct for recoil. If they had recoil, they'd be adjusting for it by moving their mouse down.

Secondly, if what you said was true, there would be other tail tail signs like skipping movement. It is simply impossible for an error or 'bug' to be so perfect as to only work with regards to recoil. Impossible for it to have such impeccable timing with a persons rate of fire and mouse adjustments to recoil that it could hide any screen movement or bounce. Not gonna happen dude.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:37 pm 

JoseyWales wrote:
Its not possible, If what you said was true there would be an indication of that. Recoil ties directly into mouse/screen position. So if that was true you'd be watching people walking around looking at the floor because they still have to correct for recoil. If they had recoil, they'd be adjusting for it by moving their mouse down.

Secondly, if what you said was true, there would be other tail tail signs like skipping movement. It is simply impossible for an error or 'bug' to be so perfect as to only work with regards to recoil. Impossible for it to have such impeccable timing with a persons rate of fire and mouse adjustments to recoil that it could hide any screen movement or bounce. Not gonna happen dude.

Well considering I've seen it with my own eyes on several occasions, it does happen. I know for a fact the person I was watching had recoil, I just didn't see any on my screen. Feel free to keep speculating what should or shouldn't happen, but that's not going to change my opinion or what my eyes have seen.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:54 pm 

I'm not trying to sway your opinion. I'm trying to help you understand that your not always right and other people have opinions too with a lot of good logic behind them. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm right either. I'm also not saying everyone who doesn't show recoil is using no-recoil progs.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:29 pm 

Another way to look at this is by the bullet holes they left behind since spectators have lower recoil priority. Back then before the Shoot House patch, I've seen guys firing the M14 across Outer Hospital in full auto and all they left behind is one bullet hole in the wall behind the guy he just killed.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:41 pm 

As a spectator, I've seen a player draw bullet decals on a wall in Inner Hospital with a 20 round burst using a SAW and it looked like this ___________________

Now I can only do that in MS Paint or Photoshop. Can anyone convince me I see that because of priorities?? I think not!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion