Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: recoil question
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:51 pm 

JaK- wrote:
You ever thought about increasing your in-game sensitivity a bit while injured? May make it a bit easier to control.

Switching sensitivity that way would screw with my muscle memory; all of a sudden my first shots would be overshooting everything.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:02 pm 

JaK- wrote:
rokis wrote:
Yes, spectators do have less priority than players so you won't see it perfectly.
Also if you strafe while shooting you won't see it. Strafing also reduces the recoil jump, as well as bursting while going left/crouch which is how i make 75% of my far distance shots while a player is behind an object. who ever has played vs me they'll tell you.

sub 25% is an impossible shot for me, I can't do it. I also use 640dpi with 6 points of sens in windows and 15 sens in game. No mouse accel in windows.

You ever thought about increasing your in-game sensitivity a bit while injured? May make it a bit easier to control.

I have. I have a quick button on the mouse to change DPI since I don't really know binds to change sensitivity on the fly for ingame. It's horrendous. I always thought high sensitivity was garbage anyway. Won't start using it now.

Kranow and Cajun use something like 1500dpi with 20 in game. I have no idea how they can even aim. Also take in account that they have mouse acceleration ON in their registry which is just awful.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm 

rokis wrote:
Kranow and Cajun use something like 1500dpi with 20 in game. I have no idea how they can even aim. Also take in account that they have mouse acceleration ON in their registry which is just awful.
Are they any good?
Numbers are just numbers, theres no really "best setting", if it works and its good for you, dont change it ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:55 pm 

frankof wrote:
rokis wrote:
Are they any good?
Numbers are just numbers, theres no really "best setting", if it works and its good for you, dont change it ;)

Well ofc we can't say there is a best settings, IMO however I'd find it very difficult. I used to play quake 4 and quake live and there are distinctions of wrist players (high sens) and arm players (low sens). Let's just say it's amazing seeing the dif styles and settings. Hence why there are many players that ask for each others cfg. It's like Formula 1 race drivers asking what the other is doing to gain a .001 of a second. Love that kind of atmosphere within a team. ok i'll shut up.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 pm 

BCPull wrote:
JaK- wrote:

Switching sensitivity that way would screw with my muscle memory; all of a sudden my first shots would be overshooting everything.

Agreed. Just saying, a low sensi is extremely hard to control when injured. I imagine this is going to come back into play more in this release and hopeful more later.

My own experience: My sensi bind which lowers it when held is extremely useful when over 25%, but becomes rather useless when over. But I've adjusted myself to using 2 different sensitivities for quite a few years now. Never claimed to have the best shot with my under-par setup. But I can hold my own at times. I just can't see the point in having to move my arm 1ft to do a 180, when I can hold a button for those low sensi shots.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm 

I have low sensitivity all the time, can't play with a higher one, I need to move my arm on par with my screen movement in order to be most effective. It works pretty well for me.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:42 pm 

I don't buy the "low priorities" argument. I have made several dozen spectate videos of people trying the same thing and the majority (if not all) of the other spectated videos show good recoil - including crouched, strafing, standing. So if so many other people show the same thing, how come the various samples of this one player shows a drastic difference? What is that setting? Is it mouse sensitivity? I wouldn't think so unless you knew what percentage of the mouse you had to move to nullify the built in recoil -AND- you were able to hit that percentage.

If the person doesn't use "simulated fire," the only thing I have to go on is their crosshair movement. Even the simulated munitions wouldn't help if the shots are in the open (or in a far distance).

I HAVE seen on multiple videos (of various players) that the hit markers are pretty bad. It seems that the crosshairs can be off center when the kills are done. That I see across the board for almost EVERY player.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm 

=[UcG]=SMILEY=) wrote:
I don't buy the "low priorities" argument. I have made several dozen spectate videos of people trying the same thing and the majority (if not all) of the other spectated videos show good recoil - including crouched, strafing, standing. So if so many other people show the same thing, how come the various samples of this one player shows a drastic difference? What is that setting? Is it mouse sensitivity? I wouldn't think so unless you knew what percentage of the mouse you had to move to nullify the built in recoil -AND- you were able to hit that percentage.

If the person doesn't use "simulated fire," the only thing I have to go on is their crosshair movement. Even the simulated munitions wouldn't help if the shots are in the open (or in a far distance).

I HAVE seen on multiple videos (of various players) that the hit markers are pretty bad. It seems that the crosshairs can be off center when the kills are done. That I see across the board for almost EVERY player.

Fact is, spectators have lower priority, meaning what ever you see cant be judged as solid proof, and not be used to put a ban on someone, it might be accurate, it might not, theres no safe way to tell.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:19 am 

=[UcG]=SMILEY=) wrote:

That is exactly the point. There are many times when you are watching players and their shot does not line up with the kill. This is not an error in hit registration, or a bent crosshair. It's simply that the spectators view is not meant to be an exact replication of the players. Would be awesome if that was the case, but it is not at this point. Watch enough of the previous casts as you will see it is evident in every one.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:42 am 

Being a few pixels off or not being shown at the correct location has nothing to do with showing recoil. The exact location is not needed to know if someone has recoil or not. That gun is going to bounce some no matter what. For example if I can see someone teebag over and over or any other twitch action, I can see that gun bounce too.

There is only a few instance when recoil is muted and thats with good health and iron sights, or it bugging out, which happens to me quite a bit sometimes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion