Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: AA2 Border
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:07 am 

Corre@{SARs} wrote:
Altan_AA wrote:
[?]^]-[ammer_T!me wrote:
Tried it via LAN host option, it's gorgeous! Great work. They only problem was the bunch of obj markers (for flag and extractions, like 10 of them in total) but this could be an issue with warmup.

Yes, the map will enable just 1 of the 5 Flags(Random) when the round really starts.. or at least that is the plan.

Altan,

Last night i played your map for a couple of hours. Heres some input.

1- Sometimes the flag wont appear. I would say that every 4 of 10 rounds, we at attack would have to kill the entire opposite team cause there was no flag. Also in defense team you would not know where to defend cause there was no flag.

2- At South hills i got freezed while trying to go down from the hills to the car. Saw some ppl have the same issue too. Not sure if happens in all the hills but happened to me twice in South Hills.

3- About that car in South Road. Hes not finished. Check the textures cause instead of the window glass i see a the white and blue pattern.

4- Last but most important. You can leave the defense spawn before the counting. You just have to crawl under the virtual wall and start running. I would guess this has something to do with the level of the virtual walls. U should prioritize this cause it gives a great rushing advantage to defense.

Done with the problems lets talk about the map.

The map is incredibly accurate with the AA2 version. All the hills are there, all the buildings are there. I would never think you would nail the map like you did. Textures are awesome.

The dynamic of the map is all back. You take the mosque you have a great advantage. On defense focus on build to build defense. Theres nothing i would change about the map but the flag. I hate the flag. It would be great to have the briefcase back.

Finally, thanks for doing what you did and the great job you did. Now my standard request... Can you please redesign Bridge SE? rofl thanks.

WOW, thx for huge effort on the feedback.
I'll spend a few days on finishing importing all to SF Courtyard, then I'll release the 0.3 version of this map with as many fixes to the issues you reported.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:52 pm 

Great to hear you are still working on Border Altan. It's a great remake, hopefully you will fix the issues sooner or later. It looks great.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 pm 

Yes great job Atlan! Only major thing I noticed, was that the fog needs to be increased. For instance....when on the south hill looking down the road to defense side, you should not be able to see the buildings at the far end of the road.

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 pm 

I noticed there is an invisible wall where the white dot is pointing in the picture, you have to jump to go through in between those two brick walls.

Here's the screenshot: http://imgur.com/mZWtcyR

Cheers,

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 am 

xfibourne wrote:
I noticed there is an invisible wall where the white dot is pointing in the picture, you have to jump to go through in between those two brick walls.

Here's the screenshot: http://imgur.com/mZWtcyR

Cheers,

Thx, I'll try to fix.

Post subject: Re: [AA2]Border
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 pm 

Version 0.3 has been released

Code:
Replaced all materials with material Instances.
Re activated Mip Maps on all textures.
Added roles.
Added all ambient sounds.
Added Physical Material to almost all materials

Fixes:
Moved Defense Spawn Barriers down little to prevent escaping.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:43 am 

hooah

(V) (',,') (V)

TO DO IS TO BE, TO BE IS TO DO, DO BE DO BE DO

Pipeline

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 pm 

Hey ;)

Great job on map - found a couple of glitches //not sure every one of them matters...

http://i57.tinypic.com/vrzmuf.png
^ When in phrone against piece of wall, it becomes transparent.
http://i60.tinypic.com/vdg8i1.png
^ When in phrone against piece of wall, it becomes transparent.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2vlpkxs.png
Standing on wall (couldnt in AA2).
[http://i60.tinypic.com/33122c1.png
Access to rooftop
http://i62.tinypic.com/2dhw80g.png
Access to rooftop

PM if you have questions :)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:26 am 

I don't have any screen shots for you but will say on north hill defense side, if you go down the hill toward north wall, look at the rock and go straight to it, there is a hole infront of the rock that you will get stuck in and cant move. The hole is between the rock and hill.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:27 am 

sailan1 wrote:
I don't have any screen shots for you but will say on north hill defense side, if you go down the hill toward north wall, look at the rock and go straight to it, there is a hole infront of the rock that you will get stuck in and cant move. The hole is between the rock and hill.

Thx for description, I'll try and fix it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions