Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Please add a loading screen
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:07 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
ahhh, your probably trying to join a Usermade map, its the shaders building for the map on your PC, at least thats what it sounds like anyway.

Pretty sure that happens once you get to the loading videos screen.

It sounds like the launcher's not responding hang when you join a server that lasts a few seconds for most of us is lasting minutes for him.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:03 pm 

Nope I have 32 GB of RAM Memory, so its definitely not that.

It happen whenever I joining any server, I actually haven't joined a user-made map at all this year (2015).

The same happens every time I click the "Join Server" button.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 am 

Ben14715 wrote:

It happen whenever I joining any server, I actually haven't joined a user-made map at all this year (2015).

8GB RAM, sadly not owner of SSD yet here, game is loading in 1-2 minutes. After clicking the join server button I get a black box behind the launcher and after waiting for some seconds my game opens in full screen mode. If I click into the black box once my launcher instantly crashes. I can't be the only one having that right? :D

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:47 am 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
Ben14715 wrote:

8GB RAM, sadly not owner of SSD yet here, game is loading in 1-2 minutes. After clicking the join server button I get a black box behind the launcher and after waiting for some seconds my game opens in full screen mode. If I click into the black box once my launcher instantly crashes. I can't be the only one having that right? :D

you are not alone, my dear... Its a buggy AA Launcher... It works via Internet Explorer...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:11 pm 

Does anyone know why modern games seem to prefer using a separate browser/launcher for joining servers over an ingame browser like we had in AA2/CoD4/CS?

I can't think of a game with an external browser as the primary means for joining a server that provided a good user experience.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 pm 

easymode wrote:
Does anyone know why modern games seem to prefer using a separate browser/launcher for joining servers over an ingame browser like we had in AA2/CoD4/CS?

I can't think of a game with an external browser as the primary means for joining a server that provided a good user experience.

A error in the browser/launcher dont directly affect the game, and could at times make critical fixes easier.
It's mainly useful for developers, not so much for players.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:49 pm 

frankof wrote:
easymode wrote:

A error in the browser/launcher dont directly affect the game, and could at times make critical fixes easier.
It's mainly useful for developers, not so much for players.

I'm under the impression an in-game browser is part of release. Am I imagining things?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:51 pm 

i hope so! titlescreen too!

my hopes are very high for such things. please do not crush them.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 pm 

What he's talking about is this:

https://vid.me/zvhk

I try to join the server at 0:08 in the video. It finally unfreezes at the end of the video, so I waited a little over two minutes just to join a server from the launcher.

This issue doesn't happen when joining off someone from steam, and sometimes(but not all the time) if I leave a server that I've joined from the launcher and try to join another one, it'll load right up. Some times, it'll go back to the freezing.

This issue also started just randomly happening. I didn't have this issue for about a year of playing. One day I get on to play, and I have the issue. No explanation for it, no setting changes made or anything of the sort, no update on that day..it just started happening. I've tried completely reinstalling the game, doesn't fix it, nor does verifying the game files or w/e through steam.

Ignore the map error thing that pops up at the end, that's a different issue by itself(though hardly an inconvenience).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion