Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Hold Space to Vault?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:09 pm 

I don't like the idea of holding JUMP because it takes time to recognize if you're holding the button or pressing the button. I don't want to be slowed down when I'm actually trying to vault.

So far I like ACTION button to vault. It would accidentally happen a lot less because when you push action, you are either looking at the ground (youre not going to vault anything looking straight down), looking at a flag (when standing still you don't ever vault thing unless youre touching it), or choking someone (which behaves like you're grabbing a flag).

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm 

I almost never jump so it's not a problem for me.

do positive actions
and the positive grows.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:23 pm 

-Nero- wrote:
I almost never jump so it's not a problem for me.

White Men Can't Jump™

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:53 pm 

BCPull thank you for explaining. Yes indeed I do not use jumping for anything else, then to jump on something and there are almost no places where you need a jump to reach something on the map, the mount system is doing the trick for me.
As for evasive maneuvers I prefer natural cover and speed instead of fancy movements. I guess I can't help on this issue, but I would like to stress, that it is better to add a separate button for vaulting, then change it to something like "Action key". Holding a bit to vault might be an answer as was suggested, but must be tested out.

There is always an option to remove jump, but I guess there will be a hard resistance to this idea.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm 

.sauce wrote:
If all you needed jump for was to vault over or onto things, it would be called vault. That there is a separate name implies they have different uses. Jump is a sandbox action that doesn't require one described purpose in order for it to happen, just like you don't have to see an enemy or have game-pertinent information in order to mouselook. I'm all for simplifying controls when it is intuitive, but not when it is cumbersome or interrupts the primary action.

Jump and Vault should be two separate buttons. Thanks.

jeee wrote:
I don't like the idea of holding JUMP because it takes time to recognize if you're holding the button or pressing the button. I don't want to be slowed down when I'm actually trying to vault.

X-root wrote:
Holding a bit to vault might be an answer as was suggested, but must be tested out.

As I stated before, this isn't even an option. I will try to explain it if you absolutely want me to, but please stop suggesting it. I don't want to get people's hopes up for something that can't be implemented.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:16 pm 

Stay away from "Long-hold button to..." inputs as default controls in general, please. They're not particularly intuitive and add artificial delays on user input. It's why I don't really like "Long-hold 1" as the default drop weapon key.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:12 pm 

What if it works like the heal button in that you have to hold space to complete the vault and can interrupt it by letting go of space? It is intuitive since it takes a while to actually vault over an object and would be nice to be able to stop it if you are getting shot at. Right now, it works like a secure button and if you are vaulting at the wrong time, it pretty much means you will get killed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion