Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:58 pm 

Philippovich wrote:
CSHD o_0 ???

Yes. SSHD is absolutely awful.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 pm 

I (as well as i9) prefer SSHD, but hbk314 and friends speak louder than I (or i9) do.

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 pm 

jeee wrote:
I (as well as i9) prefer SSHD, but hbk314 and friends speak louder than I (or i9) do.

You guys might be the only ones.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:50 pm 

Well, hbk has spent a pretty significant amount of time recording & reviewing hitreg videos.

http://rowvid.com/?v=P4h7kKqc_3g is one of the videos that I view as strong evidence against SSHD. My perspective has long been that "hitreg" complaints usually come down either to player perception (thinking they're more accurate than reality suggests) or issues like the M24's desync bug (where the server doesn't think you have it equipped at all). If the game accepts that you're firing, I trust the math & code to work properly and CSHD makes that extremely reliable.

If SSHD is preferred by you guys for AC reasons, yeah, that's a really strong point and one I support. There are various other reasons SSHD could be preferred (like demorec accuracy if that were to become a thing in the future).

If the question were solely about WYSIWYG and results of shooting, though, I think CSHD is the clear winner.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:36 pm 

Shotgun and m14 have a few things in common. Really high damage, minimal risk, fair amount of rando. Dice rolling is for the pubs. Comp is to uncover the better player. At least a gun like the m24 has some risk attached. EVEN the RPG and AT4 in AA2 had trade off. But if you miss with m14 or shotty you can just spam away. Pretty terrible. Doesn't have any place on good comp. Really no room for disputing that without saying that you like more random and less decent firefights.

Honestly, you cant lose with the settings below. If you're going for a comp mode THIS IS IT. If you're going for something closer to oldschool THIS IS ALSO IT.

EKCommander wrote:
NetWait=45 (around 20 is probably better)
BeginningOfRoundDelay=15
TimeLimit=180 or less
RoundsToWin=15
ForbidGrenadeTime=0
bAutoBalanceTeams=true
bReduceFriendlyFire=false
bDisableROE=true
bAllowBleedOut=true
MaxRevives=0
bSpotEnemiesOnDeath=false
bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=false
bHUD_ForcePlayerCountOff=false
bHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff=true
bHUD_ForceActivityFeedOff=false
bHUD_ForceHitIndicatorOff=true
bAllowSpectateMode_ActionCam=true
bAllowSpectateMode_3pOrbit=true
bAllowSpectateMode_FreeCam=true
bAllowIncapMode_SpectateBody=false
bAllowIncapMode_ActionCam=false
bAllowIncapMode_3pOrbit=false
bAllowIncapMode_FreeCam=false
bForceSpectateTeamScreenFX=true
bForbidBombSecure=true
bForbidShadows=true

*Added bonus if you limit the weapon choices to M4, m16, SAW and m24 (a la old school)

*CSHD is the comp standard for many reasons. This isn't debatable

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:57 pm 

Regarding CSHD vs. SSHD you should keep in mind that this is about a gamemode that official as well as private servers can run (as far as I understood it at least), so the mode isn't limited to either of these.
Quote:
CSHD is the comp standard for many reasons. This isn't debatable

Not in EU and it's working great for us. Probably way better as well since there are Isrealis playing with pings of ~100, same for some Italian, Portugese etc. Yes, it definitely is debatable.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 pm 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
Regarding CSHD vs. SSHD you should keep in mind that this is about a gamemode that official as well as private servers can run (as far as I understood it at least), so the mode isn't limited to either of these.
Quote:
CSHD is the comp standard for many reasons. This isn't debatable

Not in EU and it's working great for us. Probably way better as well since there are Isrealis playing with pings of ~100, same for some Italian, Portugese etc. Yes, it definitely is debatable.

OH SSHD helps keep the high pings honest. But over here where we play normally everyone 80 or less. CSHD is the clear winner. Not to mention the games standard at CSHD. Also, i wouldn't even think about rolling SSHD on normal 30 tick.

But yea irrelevant since this is variable

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 pm 

More suggestions in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9993&hilit=hardcore+colts

Glad you guys are doing this.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 pm 

SSHD is a rule on ESL for us and we even play matches with everyone having 40-50 pings on SSHD. Wouldn't say it's working great but so isn't CSHD, there are surely some issues with the netcode. Also feel like sliding and jumping messes up the hitboxes. Gonna link this as an example.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 pm 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
SSHD is a rule on ESL for us and we even play matches with everyone having 40-50 pings on SSHD. Wouldn't say it's working great but so isn't CSHD, there are surely some issues with the netcode. Also feel like sliding and jumping messes up the hitboxes. Gonna link this as an example.

Looks like SSHD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion