Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Maps should be played more often
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:48 pm 

Yep, loading a custom map right now is the major issue. If it takes more than a couple minutes, someone will figure that the game locked up and try to get out.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:25 am 

BEER ME server is the only legit custom map server right now. Major props to them. All other server managers just don't know how to manage. They should contact the BEER ME dudes. Boring around here without custom maps. Hopefully when the BETA ends, they unveil a more seamless map loading system but is does work.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:27 am 

I love UMM. But, [TOS Violation], I can not download them automatically via the AA Launcher. It buggy. Only manually via Steam Workshop. This is crap! And AA Launcher crashes at 30 sec after start.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 am 

maximchesnok wrote:
I love UMM. But, [TOS Violation], I can not download them automatically via the AA Launcher. It buggy. Only manually via Steam Workshop. This is crap! And AA Launcher crashes at 30 sec after start.

Have you tried lately?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:25 pm 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

Have you tried lately?

Every day I try to go to BeerMe server. Launcher writes that downloading, but Steam downloads nothing. I do not know the entire list of the server maps, so I have only one way to go. I have to download all maps from the Steam workshop manually. It is about 20 gigabytes! Maybe even more now.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:30 pm 

maximchesnok wrote:
-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

Have you tried lately?

Every day I try to go to BeerMe server. Launcher writes that downloading, but Steam downloads nothing. I do not know the entire list of the server maps, so I have only one way to go. I have to download all the maps from the Steam workshop manualy. It is about 20 gigabytes! Maybe even more now.

They actually have a steam workshop collection page setup for all the maps on their server.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:36 pm 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
maximchesnok wrote:
-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

Have you tried lately?

Every day I try to go to BeerMe server. Launcher writes that downloading, but Steam downloads nothing. I do not know the entire list of the server maps, so I have only one way to go. I have to download all the maps from the Steam workshop manualy. It is about 20 gigabytes! Maybe even more now.

They actually have a steam workshop collection page setup for all the maps on their server.

ok, i will look :lol: thx

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:38 pm 

maximchesnok wrote:
-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

Have you tried lately?

i get that too sometimes subscribing from the launcher.. some maps will download fine and dandy, and some.. even though it says they are downloading, actually are not.

i couldnt get the 'beerme' map tool downloader thingamjg they advertised a while ago to work for me either for some reason, all it did was download a load of 1kb map status files, with the name of the map.. but i got no actual map, nor did steam or the launcher try to get them, which is how i imagined it would work.

now i just find the maps from their map list on their website and grab it from the workshop whenever they are playing a map i dont already have. its all a bit of a pain, then of course you have to wait for shaders when joining the server or 'build it' from the launcher before playing, but i think its all worth it in the end :)

i just hope it was easier and more user friendly. however, its easy as is when you know how but im not sure everyone has the same patience and perseverance level as i.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm 

Yes it's a bug. If someone has more than 1 map in workshop its screwy. It doesn't know which map to download of theirs. As long as you have 1 map you're fine, it will download it. I'm hoping for a fix soon the Dev's know about it.

Just go to the beer me collection page and subscribe to all their maps and you should be fine. Just check it every week or so, because the updated with UMM frequently.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:00 pm 
Developer
Developer

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
Yes it's a bug. If someone has more than 1 map in workshop its screwy. It doesn't know which map to download of theirs. As long as you have 1 map you're fine, it will download it. I'm hoping for a fix soon the Dev's know about it.

Just go to the beer me collection page and subscribe to all their maps and you should be fine. Just check it every week or so, because the updated with UMM frequently.

That should have been fixed with the last patch a few weeks ago, is it still happening?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion