Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Admin requests for ACP
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:53 pm 

1. Move players from "alpha to bravo" and vice versa.
2. Mute a player globally, meaning (text and voice) to all on server.
3. Change game settings in the ACP without restarting server all the time.
4. Add ability to change the load screen map image to add server rules or custom image?
5. Add icon to player who has a mic and voip enabled but has MUTED it while playing. I find this to be useful when I have friends on the server and they are not on our clan ts3 server but I don't want to seem like I am ignoring them or being rude. Just an indication that we have muted ourselves until the end of the round?

Post subject: Re: Admin requests for ACP
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm 

+1
Also be able to remove weapons like m24 from small maps and innerhospital.

My Maps
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... shopfiles/

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:

I hope I don't see this. I'd love being able to play non-official servers but I wouldn't if I'm going to have my team picked for me.
Just because it "isn't fair" doesn't mean you can (un)stack teams.
#AdminAbuse2k15

_V@POR_ wrote:

*Mutes all living teammates on the other team and unmutes them once they are secured*
*wins because they can't communicate*
#AdminAbuse2k15

_V@POR_ wrote:
4. Add ability to change the load screen map image to add server rules or custom image?

Nudes? Because it will happen.

_V@POR_ wrote:
5. Add icon to player who has a mic and voip enabled but has MUTED it while playing. I find this to be useful when I have friends on the server and they are not on our clan ts3 server but I don't want to seem like I am ignoring them or being rude. Just an indication that we have muted ourselves until the end of the round?

I really like these two.

I'm not saying you would do any of this, just pointing out problems that will arise if this were to get implemented.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:18 am 

+1

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:20 am 

Vortex^ wrote:
_V@POR_ wrote:

I hope I don't see this. I'd love being able to play non-official servers but I wouldn't if I'm going to have my team picked for me.
#AdminAbuse2k15

_V@POR_ wrote:

*Mutes all living teammates on the other team and unmutes them once they are secured*
#AdminAbuse2k15

Both 1 and 2 were already in AA2 as default admin options. And you failed to read #2.....here is a scenario so you can understand :
Joe joins the server and spams music, screams, vaccums his room but still continues playing the game. Instead of kicking him or banning him...we mute him globally from the admin panel. NOT THE WHOLE TEAM JUST A SINGLE PERSON

Again for the sake of 1,000's of players whom never knew AA2 existed....these were default settings we could change as admins. I don't care about official servers as I pay to run my clan server, plus I may add....players will never get these permissions on official servers because they ARE NOT ADMINS.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 am 

Vortex^ wrote:
_V@POR_ wrote:

#AdminAbuse2k15

_V@POR_ wrote:

#AdminAbuse2k15

_V@POR_ wrote:

Nudes? Because it will happen.

_V@POR_ wrote:

I really like these two.

I'm not saying you would do any of this, just pointing out problems that will arise if this were to get implemented.

This would save AA from failure. Implement now. :twisted:

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:
Both 1 and 2 were already in AA2 as default admin options. And you failed to read #2.....here is a scenario so you can understand :
Joe joins the server and spams music, screams, vaccums his room but still continues playing the game. Instead of kicking him or banning him...we mute him globally from the admin panel. NOT THE WHOLE TEAM JUST A SINGLE PERSON

No need to be condescending, especially since you seem to have failed to understand the point he was making.

Muting a player creates room for admin abuse. You could intentionally mute multiple enemies to inhibit the other team's ability to play together. Players shouldn't have authority over the other team.

There also isn't any *need* for global mute. If a player is disruptive enough to justify a global mute, just kick them. Problem solved.

Same goes for moving players around. You could use it for team balance, sure, but you could also use it to imbalance; it's open to abuse.

"We had it in AA2" isn't a counter-argument to "This could be abused."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am 

BCPull wrote:
_V@POR_ wrote:

No need to be condescending, especially since you seem to have failed to understand the point he was making.

Muting a player creates room for admin abuse. You could intentionally mute multiple enemies to inhibit the other team's ability to play together. Players shouldn't have authority over the other team.

There also isn't any *need* for global mute. If a player is disruptive enough to justify a global mute, just kick them. Problem solved.

Same goes for moving players around. You could use it for team balance, sure, but you could also use it to imbalance; it's open to abuse.

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from BC.
As per global mute -- just mute them yourselves. Maybe someone finds vacuum sounds really soothing while they play and you just global muted them.

Also I played AA2 for 3 years and owned a server but thanks for telling me all about it again.

BCPull wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:25 am 

All I ever see on these forums are "omg" people are going to abuse this or that....blah blah
Again....we had this setting before which honestly....I used maybe 10 times in 5 years. BUT when the time comes to need to use it...it's there.

My advice for you guys that cry about every admin requested feature: Find a good server with good ping, admins, players and stick to it.
75% of our daily players are repeat players: why? See above sentence.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:28 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:
All I ever see on these forums are "omg" people are going to abuse this or that....blah blah
Again....we had this setting before which honestly....I used maybe 10 times in 5 years. BUT when the time comes to need to use it...it's there.

My advice for you guys that cry about every admin requested feature: Find a good server with good ping, admins, players and stick to it.
75% of our daily players are repeat players: why? See above sentence.

So you want development time to go into a feature that you yourself say you hardly ever used and has a decent alternative in kicking instead?

It's more than just "it could be abused". There isn't need for letting admins globally mute players.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion