Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Make dead enemies disappear instantly
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:59 pm 

Hey guys,

playing competitive since a few month now and what really bothers me is that enemies you kill don't disappear instantly. Instead of being able to pick up their weapon you either have to secure them or wait for some seconds which can screw you up easily.

I know this isn't much of a problem on public but IMO it shouldn't be like this in competitive play. What do you guys think about that?

EDIT: Example of what I'm talking about

Last edited by Necabo(;.) on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Make dead enemies disappear instantly
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:12 pm 

rokis wrote:
In servers with no revives the body is automatically secures after two seconds, but we are so caught up on the moment of trying to pick up a second weapon and move as quickly as we can, that we may secure the enemy while slamming F to get a gun from the ground. Given that if we wait two seconds the gun will appear and the body will disappear, but in truth? there is no damn time for that.

So if we mistakenly press F to pick up a gun and we start securing you could die. Instead let us back up by simply letting go from F, that way if we click F it will start and stop then we click again and get the weapon.

That was from the "let secures be interruptible" thread, another topic on trying to get rid of situations where player intention and game response can feel out of sync.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:56 pm 
Developer
Developer

Internally secures can be interrupted, that + the new bleedout system will hopefully make this a lot better.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm 

But why am I forced to secure someone who is clearly out of the game in order to get his weapon in the first place? Makes no sense to me and also ruins some situation in the rather fast paced environment of competitive play.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 pm 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
I know this isn't much of a problem on public but IMO it shouldn't be like this in competitive play. What do you guys think about that?

it matters in pubs too! it gets me killed all the time, i also see a lot of folks die securing others by accident, mostly new players but meh :lol:

[Dev]TheTots wrote:
Internally secures can be interrupted, that + the new bleedout system will hopefully make this a lot better.

YES.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm 

Not sure if my point is clear enough so I'll comment again.

In competition you can't get revived, you are dead regardless of getting headshot, naded or just body shot. Your body will after getting killed disappear, it takes some seconds though. I noticed this to be extremely painful since I started playing sniper for my team. You get a kill on close range, want to pick up the m4 so you can defend your position better on close range and you end up securing the enemy. When waiting for the enemy body to disappear you get rushed. So you are pretty much in a bad position either way and in a position that you shouldn't be in IMO.

Yes the interruption thing is great and I'm glad it will be this way but that sadly won't help for the situations I was talking about.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 am 

A big part of AA is to give medic.So its the same thing for you. if you get hit, and waiting for medic,,the enemy can see your body.when he secure you you diappear and can only spectate.But a server can be setting up in different ways. Or you can join a hardcore server. :)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 am 

There is no such thing as no revives in PG, there is simply a bandaid fix of setting revives to 0. The game still acts as if they are there, when someone dies it just treats them as if there are 3 revives and the player has already been revived 3 times. The delay will always be there until the revive function can be turned off entirely at the server level, which like won't happen for a while, at least until after full release. I'm guess the dev team wants to see how the comp community receives the new medic role and other changes.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 am 

Ronniii wrote:
A big part of AA is to give medic.So its the same thing for you. if you get hit, and waiting for medic,,the enemy can see your body.when he secure you you diappear and can only spectate.But a server can be setting up in different ways. Or you can join a hardcore server. :)

You clearly missed what I'm talking about. I'm talking about competition, not public. I don't want to join some hardcore server or anything. I just want enemies who are out of the game anyway to disappear. I don't know how to explain it any better than I already did before.

.sauce wrote:
There is no such thing as no revives in PG, there is simply a bandaid fix of setting revives to 0. The game still acts as if they are there, when someone dies it just treats them as if there are 3 revives and the player has already been revived 3 times. The delay will always be there until the revive function can be turned off entirely at the server level, which like won't happen for a while, at least until after full release. I'm guess the dev team wants to see how the comp community receives the new medic role and other changes.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure that most of the competitive players don't like reviving in their matches and competition in AAPG will always stay like it is for this matter. Revives are just bad in this environment (I enjoy having revives on public btw) and as it is right now with bodies disappearing after like 3 seconds it's just stupid. If the devs care about the competition this should be changed. I think this is a lot worse than not being able to pick up the c4 because you first pick up the weapon of the c4 carrier who died which can also be crucial in competitive environment.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 am 

you want them to instantly disappear on a server where revives are completely disabled (such as comp), so that you don't accidentally secure within the seconds it takes for the body to vanish.. so that you can safely pick up the dropped weapon while not being stuck in the secure animation that you never wished to happen.

its that heat of the moment madness, that goes hand in hand with needing to act fast to either defend yourself or flee.

i think we got it :lol: i think people are simply elaborating on your initial post.

Last edited by uni-sol on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion