Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Maps should be played more often
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 am 

I get the rare urge to play something different from time to time, however with the way the whole UMM system works it's just a pain and a turn off. There are maps I rather play than say redline so I'm not gonna say they're all crap

Would love to run Impact on my server with no hickups

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:40 am 

The problem with the crap maps, is that they are crap. The problem with the good-looking maps, is that they play like crap. The problem with the well-playing maps, is that they look like crap. And the problem with the well-playing, good-looking maps, is that it's too hard to download and play the map, and takes 5 hours to build shaders and stuff, and most people don't want to take the time to go through that.

/thread

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:24 am 

Parts of this thread really summarize why my decision to enjoy spring
and leave the level editor was the best decision in 2015 so far.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:31 am 

Drecks wrote:

Ive given up completely :D

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 am 

Drecks wrote:

Not sure if you're agreeing about the hassle of loading and playing UMM content or upset because some people are willing to point out that poorly made content is poor content.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 am 

part of the problem i think is that age old notion that anything thats free and done especially by a non-professional.. has got to be crap.. would you hire an under-qualified gas engineer to install a gas meter at your property? and expect it to be a job well done? its not the same i know, admittedly its a dodgy comparison but take from that what you will :lol:

i sympathize with people who dont enjoy them for all the reasons they state as what they say is for the most part completely true, it is a pain to run them, it is a pain to try and find a good one and it is a pain to give feedback.

its just real sad to see mappers losing faith and stopping because of it, but it is what it is :(

if theres one thing that holds real true, you cant please them all.. no matter what you do. people have differing tastes afterall. for proof you just have to look at Redline, the map 'looks' awesome and to me plays quite well too, but its not to everyone's taste.

anyways, since i lost my maps i aint touched the editor, im hoping after release to have at least another go at it, maybe 1 more map and not a remake.. something i will really try to plan and do myself from the ground up, i see little point in starting now since release is so close, we might get better support and more assets so it would be foolish to start to potentially have to change a lot of what i would have done.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:51 am 

uni-sol wrote:
anyways, since i lost my maps i aint touched the editor, im hoping after release to have at least another go at it, maybe 1 more map and not a remake.. something i will really try to plan and do myself from the ground up, i see little point in starting now since release is so close, we might get better support and more assets so it would be foolish to start to potentially have to change a lot of what i would have done.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =406799578

Finish my map.....

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:53 pm 

BCPull wrote:
Not sure if you're agreeing about the hassle of loading and playing UMM content or upset because some people are willing to point out that poorly made content is poor content.

I'm not upset cause some people are willing to point out that poorly made content is poor content. And a recently loading UMM's only takes a while the first time you load them. The next game it will load as fast as any stock map. But I'm not upset. I only wrote I like spring.

Its more the overall absence and will to contribute in making that poorly made content better and the low popularity of UMM"S which made me realize its better to work on my tan.

Lucky for me I have some off forum sources who point out glitched on my maps to make them better.

Last edited by Drecks on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:40 pm 

There is some really good UMM's. The same quality as preloaded game if not better.

But as you all said, most people are just judging before they play. Come check out one of the maps I made. "Alley." I was hand made from scratch with similar lines as the old Alley but not the same. There is many people that tell me this map should be added to the game. Same with about a dozen other maps people created.

Just because you joined the a crappy map, doesn't mean they all are crappy.

FYI - There is about a dozen custom map servers out there. To name a couple, BeerMe, -=312=-. So get in there and check it out.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:20 pm 

Crappy map or not,they would be played more often if the joining wouldnt be such a horrible experience.

Atm i waste my precious playtime waiting to get maximaz Sekuridat loaded.... now its 20:17,i started trying to play that map on my server at 19:25.BS.

Im maximaz pyzzdoffas and will stop trying this crap till i read in here that they repaired this feature.

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion