Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:10 am 

ImageImage

Just a normal day in AA...
Group of guys stacking teams. I was on their team, changed, asked to balance teams, tried to scramble teams several times, get cussed at, crap game, game over.

The lovely part was "Just friends playing"... look at the tags... both of them

Stuff like this with high level comp players grouping in pubs still happens oftenly and simply does nothing good to the game. Garbage attitude.

BC.Pull you finished the algorithm? x)

Last edited by animatics on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:22 am 

animatics wrote:
ImageImage

Just a normal day in AA...
Group of guys stacking teams. I was on their team, changed, asked to balance teams, tried to scramble teams several times, get cussed at, crap game, game over.

The lovely part was "Just friends playing"... look at the tags...

Stuff like this with high level comp players grouping in pubs still happens oftenly and simply does nothing good to the game. Garbage attitude.

BC.Pull you finished the algorithm? x)

lol trust me those guys are not comp players...just high level inexperienced player

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:23 am 

Official server, nuff said. Play on private servers with admins online and you will rarely see this situation (or those specific "clan pub heroes" stacking sides and winning matches ;) ).

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:44 am 

no one gives a crap anymore.. deal with it.. You can leave the server if your butt hurts too much or you can learn from it. you dont get better by winning or stomping on people all the time.

Wait.. lets have another useless complaining thread on how some pubbers got rolled

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:00 pm 

Official servers are likely to be the first exposure to the game for the newest of new players. There's an incentive there to work towards even matches.

animatics -- I sent the Devs the whitepaper on the cool algorithm the GR:Phantoms research consultants developed that aims to "maximize fun" (as opposed to "maximize balance"). They looked at it, at least :) I've also posted info on the forums in the past on a method for estimating player skill using a similar approach. No idea if they'd ever run with any of those kinds of techniques, though.

I'm holding on to the hope that they'll create an incentive for strong players to join the weaker side. It may come down to how systems like the unlocks are designed. Build that system purely around number of kills, for example, and it creates an incentive to stack teams and mow down new players to unlock everything more quickly. Build it around the strength of opposition you're facing, where killing a tough opponent counts more than a weak one, and there's a reason to join the weaker team.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:04 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
no one gives a crap anymore.. deal with it.. You can leave the server if your butt hurts too much or you can learn from it. you dont get better by winning or stomping on people all the time.

Wait.. lets have another useless complaining thread on how some pubbers got rolled

Doba -- if I get rolled, meh, whatever. When I'm on a team with eleven 1-5 honor players and the other team is entirely 20+ and the new players quit because it's horribly unfair? It becomes a player retention issue. It's no better than playing against a smurf team in CS: there's no opportunity to learn or develop when one side is hopelessly outclassed.

It's even better when the high-honor players starts talking trash over VOIP.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:07 pm 

All I see are high pings

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:20 pm 

Frigid wrote:
lol trust me those guys are not comp players...just high level inexperienced player

2 of them are,they play both 1v1 and 5v5 ESL undefeated so far,but how would you know mr.Murica and the rest so i don't trust you and probably never will since you participated in aiding and abetting a [TOS Violation] in your comp team and clan.

They are friends,they are on teamspeak,they play together for more than a year now,they will never play against each other,they will never talk to you unless you start talking crap or scramble votes,deal with it.

The people playing this game teached them to do it this way,bs votekicks,hackuzation,inults,ghosting accusations,intentional team kills is what led to this,is there an algorhythm for that aswell?

Image Image

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:19 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
All I see are high pings

The usual offtopic?

Dem@n wrote:
Frigid wrote:
is there an algorhythm for that aswell?

I guess you don't remember that discussion. Notice how the second player in their team is not apparently with them. He should be playing in the other team. Some people move to other teams to balance, other don't care and keep playing. The discussion on that regard was about to telling the game with who you were playing with and have it allocate the players automatically, trying to perverse the "friend groups" to best possible, only breaking them when not putting 1 of them in the other team will result in lack of balance.

Scramble teams is not working.
Playing on private servers does help, but admins aren't always on. Would be nice there was a solution for un-moderated servers still.

By the way, people in TS can ghost anyway even when they are in the same team. Ghosting = Passing info after you are out of the game. It's cheating the same way, just not as effective.

I think the game should take care of such problem by the default, same way it does with teams having different number of players. I don't see an argument with that...

Cheers

Last edited by animatics on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:21 pm 

animatics wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:
All I see are high pings

The usual offtopic?

Cheers

You can call it off topic I call it a problem.. more so than 1 team losing to another

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion