Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 am 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
loc dog21 wrote:
I disagree partially.

With the small playerbase AAPG has (limited amount of populated servers), the game really needs an identity, a general way of playing, consistent on all servers, official and unofficial. It already has too many server settings if you ask me, especially when it comes to revives.(1 revive, 2 revives, headshot revive, no revive etc.)

This game tries to be everything in order to attract and please everyone. What you end up with is a half-product.

If the game ever grows to a fairly large playerbase, then i don't really care about having all kinds of server settings.

The standard servers provide that identity and consistency....

Quote:
especially when it comes to revives.(1 revive, 2 revives, headshot revive, no revive etc.)

Too many settings? this current way (as revives is a thing) helps please both players that like and don't like revives. Imagine the state of the competitive scene in this game if you could not disable revives. Server settings are very very important for competitive matches so players can disable lots of the features that don't work in matches. Round times, bomb disarm (when it was a problem), revives, round numbers etc.

Before it gets suggested also having 2 or 3 rule sets for public & comp wouldn't work either because then you have 2 or 3 sets of server settings "trying to be everything in order to please everyone".

The current standard settings don't provide an identity and consistency because they don't include settings that can drastically change the game.

At the moment, one could argue server settings are only that important to competition because pubbing is so different from competition. In my opinion they should be as close as possible to eachother.

And servers that change the standard settings to the point that it greatly alters how the game is played should be marginal. As it stands, competition is marginalized, discouraging virtually everyone who would like to seriously invest in this game. And with this i don't only mean people that participate in competition but also people that enjoy playing competitively, they're 2 different things.

Back on topic, I've always supported the 0 revive path and i still do but it's become clear that revives won't be going anywhere soon.

So we'll have to compromise and advocate for a 0 revive mode. The different modes will battle eachother and in the end the superior mode will reveal itself in numbers.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 am 

loc dog21 wrote:

So we'll have to compromise and advocate for a 0 revive mode. The different modes will battle eachother and in the end the superior mode will reveal itself in numbers.

If the game doesn't improve the pub mode will win because comp will die and the set standard will remain.. doesn't mean its the correct choice

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:19 am 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
loc dog21 wrote:

If the game doesn't improve the pub mode will win because comp will die and the set standard will remain.. doesn't mean its the correct choice

What are you refferring to specifically "if the game doesn't improve"?
This 0 revive mode would have to include other changes similar to the OP and build on those.

At the very least, such a mode could serve as a testbed for a 0 revive mode which frankly just hasn't been effectively tested since the start of open beta.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:36 am 

loc dog21 wrote:

At the moment, one could argue server settings are only that important to competition because pubbing is so different from competition. In my opinion they should be as close as possible to eachother..

If the game was perfect for comp then it would be but with the current features that come with all modern fps games it will never be the same for both. In Cod4 so much was disabled for comp play because most of the features will not suit matches or add a decent skill level to master. Lots of stuff was disabled like cooking grenades, limiting weapons, ammo counts, round times, round amounts, flash strength, removing all perks, removing kill streaks.

My point is pub will always have these features that competition will hate so options for everything are no problem.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion