Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 pm 

Not to hijack the thread, but is there any reason for not having access to the other settings. Sorry curious, as an admin.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm 
AACM
AACM

It was a resurrected thread anyway so no harm no foul.

Can you give me some example of things you cant do that you would want to?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 am 

One big one I notice the pubber's hate is the lack of activity feed. While I understand it's not true HC, hence the gap between HC and SC. IMHO, I believe the best way to solve the hc vs sc debate is open all settings and let admins configure their own servers. That way people will flock to the ones that have their preferred settings and that in itself would be an indicator. It also gives the freedom for an admin to configure the server exactly to their preferred settings. All in all each server will have a small but subtle difference and therefore would not require a HC or SC stance, therefore alleviating the problem while allowing admin more freedom.
My 2 cents.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:28 am 
AACM
AACM

Im not sure what you are suggesting here, is it that you want the activity feed off because im pretty sure you can do that anyway?

One of the complaints we often get is that we freed up too many options so im curious to know which ones you dont think you can configure.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 am 

GBGangsta wrote:
One of the complaints we often get is that we freed up too many options so im curious to know which ones you dont think you can configure.

There can never be enough server options. Its always good to have everything configurable if the server owner wishes it to be.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:59 pm 

I disagree partially.

With the small playerbase AAPG has (limited amount of populated servers), the game really needs an identity, a general way of playing, consistent on all servers, official and unofficial. It already has too many server settings if you ask me, especially when it comes to revives.(1 revive, 2 revives, headshot revive, no revive etc.)

This game tries to be everything in order to attract and please everyone. What you end up with is a half-product.

If the game ever grows to a fairly large playerbase, then i don't really care about having all kinds of server settings.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 pm 

I would second that, I was suggesting that there should be a standard approved by developers and community.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 pm 

There should be one standard. Having so many settings was great for beta so we can test and see what people like. However, once that's over, the standard should be set. It's a shame that so little was truly tested on a large scale during beta though. The Devs never decided to take every official server, throw a setting on it and let it play out for a week or two. This should have been done throughout the process. It's still not too late, but I doubt the Devs ever consider the idea.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:02 am 

i remember official hardcore servers being up for weeks on the server browser list empty.

Image Image

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 am 

loc dog21 wrote:
I disagree partially.

With the small playerbase AAPG has (limited amount of populated servers), the game really needs an identity, a general way of playing, consistent on all servers, official and unofficial. It already has too many server settings if you ask me, especially when it comes to revives.(1 revive, 2 revives, headshot revive, no revive etc.)

This game tries to be everything in order to attract and please everyone. What you end up with is a half-product.

If the game ever grows to a fairly large playerbase, then i don't really care about having all kinds of server settings.

The standard servers provide that identity and consistency....

Quote:
especially when it comes to revives.(1 revive, 2 revives, headshot revive, no revive etc.)

Too many settings? this current way (as revives is a thing) helps please both players that like and don't like revives. Imagine the state of the competitive scene in this game if you could not disable revives. Server settings are very very important for competitive matches so players can disable lots of the features that don't work in matches. Round times, bomb disarm (when it was a problem), revives, round numbers etc.

Before it gets suggested also having 2 or 3 rule sets for public & comp wouldn't work either because then you have 2 or 3 sets of server settings "trying to be everything in order to please everyone".

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion