Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Have a good one...
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm 

Upon seeing the mistake I made with hopes that AA:PG would be an improvement to the AAs before it, the time has come to bid farewell.

The entire draw to AA was that it was team oriented, rewarded tactics over reflexes, and maintained a fair similarity to real world expectations. With AA2, AA was at its peak and I remember fondly the many hours spent there.

I have spent time with AA:PG and the forum members and picking up the direction and push of the AA:PG, I must sadly admit it is becoming just another "run and gun". I have learned of the elimination of player bullets in flight upon death, the loss of bullet impact, the ability to remain scoped while being shot, and the lack of movement reduction. All of these lead AA:PG to being just another one of the run of the mill games.

Thank you all for the fun. RIP AA.

Post subject: Re: Have a good one...
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm 

Good luck out there. I would check back with the big update that's in the works, I have a feeling it's going to be a lot different than what we are playing now. Otherwise, maybe check out Insurgency or Arma, they are, generally speaking, more in line with what you champion here on the forums.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm 

I agree on the OP concerns, but sadly to many players, AA is taking a new tern with AA:PG. It was already explained or at list tried to be by number of players, why it will not be a success with the current path choice, but it seams that developers made a decision.

Will Arma or Insurgency be an option? No.
Arma is to complex in both character handling and missions navigation means, it's fun to play some times, but defiantly will not bit an AA experience.

Insurgency is more similar to Red Orchestra, the main downside are the objectives goals and waves of re-spawns, that kill almost all attempt and will to team up.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:43 pm 

Image Image

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:44 pm 

Dem@n wrote:

:D

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:01 pm 

believe it or not, i publicly quit AA once, even composed a goodbye message, but heck no.. im not sifting through thousands of posts for the proof :lol:

iirc, i was back within 2 weeks :mrgreen:

OT - as was wisely said above, please try the game again at a later time.

uni-sol on Fri Jul 27, 2012 wrote:
i often sit here at night and find myself hanging around hoping something will change, with the game, the forums, attitudes of members (including questioning my own many times), anything but how it is now.. though i seriously doubt it ever will. all i ever seem to read anymore is support posts, bug reports and general negativity toward the game, hell since i became a member i have somehow managed to accomplish befriending a big fat ZERO amount of people, which brings me to this one solemn conclusion..

i would not usually post on any message boards to say goodbye, because, as it often does on forums comes across as an attention seeking ploy, but none the less a goodbye it is, i hope you all find your AA3 dreams come true one day and may your future with the game be better than it has for the last few years, AA3 has a loyal fanbase and its easy to see that.

i just cant take the drama anymore, the gameplay bugs, a severe lack of information and that absolutely nothing is put out to keep a person remotely interested in sticking around, but most of all, i can no longer wait for whats been 'coming soon' for 3 whole years.. i simply cant relax, i cant sit back and just watch things plod on as they are. the game has a potential that i truly feel is not sufficiently fulfilled in so many ways it almost forces you to want to leave.

if in saying my goodbye makes me come across as an impatient, ungrateful ex member of the fanbase then so be it. i doubt that any of my input past or present will be missed, i fully expect that no tears will be shed nor sleep lost. 429 posts on a single forum is a personal best for me, its just strikes me that 350+ of them were negative or sarcastic and in all honesty the game and forums are 100% to blame for it. they have, combined.. somehow made me into a hater, a harsh critic.. or whatever other term you want call the persona.

anyway i felt i owed this free game that has bought me many fun times more than to just part ways without saying anything. dont want to just disappear like a fart in the wind without having a final say.. i will be sure to return in the morning to read the 'dont let the door hit you on your way out' replys, twill be a fitting farewell. all thats left to say is thanks for the good times AA, and thanks for the bad, its been eventful.

good luck to you and your fans!

found it :lol:

Last edited by uni-sol on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
believe it or not, i publicly quit AA once, even composed a goodbye message, but heck no.. im not sifting through thousands of posts for the proof :lol:

iirc, i was back within 2 weeks :mrgreen:

I did the same thing, except I didn't play for 3 full months. :)

Also...I'm only back because in those 3 months, I finished most of the stuff that needed to get done.

Contact Me:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm 

Agree with the thread starter, i'm not far behind you buddy..

This game is like an ophthalmologist bagging groceries for a living, the only thing that leaves me hanging in is the shrinking potential this game does have.

But after seeing the video updates for new opfor weapons that seem OP etc, it seems the HUD which causes most of the FPS drops is messed up anyhow, hopefully they just permanently remove it, all these spoon feeding visual features just convert to 0 immersion/fun/suspense factor..
Everyone already knows where everyone is, whether friendly or enemy..
If you want a teambased game eliminate all these scrubbish visual features as well as some of the other skill gap decreasing features

Maybe have a Beta Comp Team again, to give input, you know? on the things that actually matter??.. In order for an FPS to be successful at a pub/friendly play level and to draw an active player base it's going to have to be successful at a comp level.

the comp scene for this games a joke after 2 years or whatever, it's gone from avg 5v5 scrim/league, to 4v4, and not retaining high end players. It may not mean much to all that think the game is amazingly perfect and love these cheesy scrubbish easy brainless features, but i'd rather play this game with more different players, of different levels, not just the same faces every day with 10 new players that never stick around longer than 10+ honor.

anyhow i digress, just depressing that this is the only FPS/shooter right now IMO that has potential and you're throwing the franchise out the door trying to copy bf3/cod4/cs. or whatever.
just try emulate a little bit what made AA 1 and 2 so successful im not saying make an AA2 Clone because I don't want that so don't twist up what im saying, just eliminate all these fudge factors, and stupid visual spoon feeding features that ruin any chance at team play.

and if you seriously think there is team play in this game at a pub level thats a complete joke.
half the players dont even stick around the game long enough to learn a couple call outs on the maps, or learn the maps, then the other half sit there and camp dead team mates waiting for them to be secured so they can BOOM know exactly where the enemy is yet again..

Another positive on eliminating some of these scrub features are people will get smoother frames, people will actually LEARN how to play the game, as opposed to watching through walls, camping dead talking team mates bodies waiting for them to be secured, well you get the point...

but in all seriousness, i'm not that far from departing for good either, and i know many others aren't too far away.. only thing that's keeping me hanging in is this "Final Release" If i could see what it was looking like right about now, i could make my decision that much faster.. Hopefully it's not a rotten apple, because it would be a true shame to see such potential fly out the door, along with the time and effort wasted

what i don't understand is it feels as if majority of players are on a mutual level as far as feeling about the skill gap decreasing features and other stuff, some disagree on certain aspects of it, but mainly it feels as far as response in these forums that most agree on many points.. The part i dont understand is why there is 0 official response or answer on any one of these issues that people keep addressing and bringing up

the professionalism and communication is abysmal.. I truly hope you're keeping quiet just to fix many of these skill gap decreasing features for final release, because if you aren't and are just ignoring all these people myself included, just to release some overly scrub friendly luck based game, this game will be a big disappointment and a lot of the people who stayed true through the beta wont be around.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 pm 

$tatus wrote:
the professionalism and communication is abysmal.. I truly hope you're keeping quiet just to fix many of these skill gap decreasing features for final release, because if you aren't and are just ignoring all these people myself included, just to release some overly scrub friendly luck based game, this game will be a big disappointment and a lot of the people who stayed true through the beta wont be around.

That's the direction they seem to have gone in so far. My impression is that it's a misguided attempt to "appeal" to a bigger crowd by making it easy for even the worst player to "luck" into kills.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm 

hbk314 wrote:
$tatus wrote:

That's the direction they seem to have gone in so far. My impression is that it's a misguided attempt to "appeal" to a bigger crowd by making it easy for even the worst player to "luck" into kills.

True that

Contact Me:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion