Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need this training aid
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:33 am 

My prior trollish comment aside, I think this is awesome too, and I like the ideas being discussed!

:)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:52 am 

I still got a massive issue with lighting. It's too dark. Well given that I use no dynamic lighting so tome it would be mostly light, but for others I think it's dark.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:06 pm 

Just updated the map on the workshop, with all the stuff I showed yesterday.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
This one might be different because the bots are actually shooting at you , and the area might be a little larger, but doable.

Having the bots shoot back is doable, but when we die it automatically goes to the mission failed screen, and it gets kind of annoying having to constantly start over.
I can try to engineer some creative way of making it work, but no promises ;).

Regardless of making them shoot or not, something for movement training will be arriving in the future.

rokis wrote:
I still got a massive issue with lighting. It's too dark. Well given that I use no dynamic lighting so tome it would be mostly light, but for others I think it's dark.

I tweaked the lightning a little bit on the version I just uploaded to hopefully make it brighter to those with no dynamic lighting without washing out the colors when the lighting is turned on. Let me know how it looks.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:11 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:

Having the bots shoot back is doable, but when we die it automatically goes to the mission failed screen, and it gets kind of annoying having to constantly start over.
I can try to engineer some creative way of making it work, but no promises ;).

Regardless of making them shoot or not, something for movement training will be arriving in the future.

In the video he uses that ramp in the corner, might be worth at putting something like that in also.. ya not sure how it would work without shooting

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:11 pm 

rokis wrote:

I tweaked the lightning a little bit on the version I just uploaded to hopefully make it brighter to those with no dynamic lighting without washing out the colors when the lighting is turned on. Let me know how it looks.[/quote]

I meant to say that people with no dynamic lights can see very well I am sure. With Dynamic lights things are darker, like your videos. Unless gamma is shot way up. Hence why I said indoors would've been better, but you do what your doing. I'll go with it. :)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 pm 

rokis wrote:
I meant to say that people with no dynamic lights can see very well I am sure. With Dynamic lights things are darker, like your videos. Unless gamma is shot way up. Hence why I said indoors would've been better, but you do what your doing. I'll go with it. :)

My bad, I thought you meant the other way around, too dark with no dynamic light. Anyway, I'll keep changing things a bit to try and get the right balance.
As far as going indoors, its something that could definitely happen in the future, but for right now, leaving the map open its easier to expand and move things around.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
In the video he uses that ramp in the corner, might be worth at putting something like that in also..

Seeing as he was training specific corners in dust_2, maybe you guys would want me to add some aapg map specific stuff.
What corners/hallways/whatever from which map would you suggest?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
rokis wrote:

My bad, I thought you meant the other way around, too dark with no dynamic light. Anyway, I'll keep changing things a bit to try and get the right balance.
As far as going indoors, its something that could definitely happen in the future, but for right now, leaving the map open its easier to expand and move things around.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
In the video he uses that ramp in the corner, might be worth at putting something like that in also..

Seeing as he was training specific corners in dust_2, maybe you guys would want me to add some aapg map specific stuff.

This is gonna be guuud...I love what you're doing Special

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
rokis wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Springstreet banks - upper bank, lower bank, white humvee
Crossfire bomb room - yellow bridge, north, south

Those are really the only ones i can come up with that happens A LOT and it's a bishh to defend. Also sound training.

But I think a generic training layout with 3 entrances will do the trick a la crossfire

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:48 pm 

rokis wrote:

Springstreet banks - upper bank, lower bank, white humvee

this is the first one I thought of also !!

but all good suggestions

Oh BTW just tried the new one with the Barrier !! props .. worked out Perfect !!! so awesome

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 pm 

As Rokis said, a generic one would probably work best. Otherwise you'll just keep getting requests for different parts of different maps. An arena with multiple entrances and boxes for cover should suffice and work for most situations.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion