Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need this training aid
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 am 

Amazing job man, no doubt I will get this to practise. Just to make a little more interesting at the bot crack: Can you had multiple ways they come from? Left, Right, in front maybe? Perhaps even go further making a arena that we go inside, and the bot may come from all ways. You could copy some areas of the maps and practise from there (ALL SUGESTIONS).

As a competitive player myself, I think the harder the stuff is the better, so don't be afraid of extending the dificulty of things, speed and hard target aquisition.

In the end all the stuff is awesome, and thanks for it :)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 pm 

I like how we have multiple training aids setup in one, lets add another! Gonna send you a video (since its already been removed once from here) of another good setup to practice.

Basically, Its a room with a barricade set up at head height, in this room bots spawn randomly and the barricade is perfect so that only heads are visible, practice height memory for head shots/accuracy/reaction. In CS it seems they just quickly spawn at random locations I'm wondering if we can made it different, turn it into a game.

I'm thinking lots of bots spawn trying to reach the barricade, if one touches it the game is over, the mission is obvious, prevent them from getting to the barricade. Was also thinking of a self adjusting difficulty for this one, meaning shoot a few and more and more spawn and they get quicker and quicker and quicker.. to the point where you're pushed to your limits, a timed event to see how long you can push yourself.

I will PM you the video of the setup.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:31 pm 

other than for aforementioned benefits.. something like this would be a great optional mini game while waiting to be revived/round over :mrgreen:

truly great stuff SpecialOne.. your quite a kismet wizard it seems :)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:35 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
I like how we have multiple training aids setup in one, lets add another!

I was actually wondering what to do next with the bots, since I'm doing the finishing touches on the crack reaction (a lot of improvements will be added like choosing which side they come from).

Something for headshot training is definitely the next move. From the stuff I've seen, this seems like a perfect solution, simple and effective. Setting it up won't be a big deal but there could be problems with the number of bots though, as there is a limitation to the number you can spawn. I like the idea of turning it into an timed event or something like that.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll keep you guys up to date as much as possible.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:14 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50xax5yBcU

If you take a look at the 15 second mark, and also at the 35 second mark. Those two arenas would be quite useful as an accuracy/warmup tool to include in your map. Additionally, a few additional delay options between .05, .75, and 1 would be welcomed.

You've done an excellent job. The additional arenas suggested would challenge a player to shoot and move at the same time, and to be aware of his surroundings.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:
I like how we have multiple training aids setup in one, lets add another!

I was actually wondering what to do next with the bots, since I'm doing the finishing touches on the crack reaction (a lot of improvements will be added like choosing which side they come from).

Something for headshot training is definitely the next move. From the stuff I've seen, this seems like a perfect solution, simple and effective. Setting it up won't be a big deal but there could be problems with the number of bots though, as there is a limitation to the number you can spawn. I like the idea of turning it into an timed event or something like that.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll keep you guys up to date as much as possible.

damn dawg you're boss.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm 

So, I'm back with some news, I have been working on an headshot arena that Doba suggested plus some improvements to the target practice menu.

For the target practice:
- Many more options in general.
- As suggested by DragonEyes, I added lots of delay options (19 in total), with 0.05 increments between 0.5 and 1.0.

New arena:
This is like a defense/last stand game, where the goal is to stop the enemies from reaching the danger zone for as long as possible. In set intervals the player will level up and the enemies will run faster. When I release this, it will have some sort of scoreboard that is not done yet.
There is also a toggle-able barricade to encourage headshots.

Video:

What do you guys think of this game mode?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:49 pm 

sweet !! thats awesome.. is it still Aim_Training_v1 ?? does it get auto updated?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
sweet !! thats awesome.. is it still Aim_Training_v1 ?? does it get auto updated?

It auto-updates but I haven't published the update yet, finishing up some stuff here and there. I'll post here when the update is online.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 am 

I'm still thinking of things that could help the average gamer become better.. We have reaction/speed/headshot memory aids already, thinking we could use some movement practice. Here's what I'm thinking

Again love the idea of keeping it all in one map with different stations, so for movement I think we could setup a simple corner scenario where bots come at you from both directions and you are forced to play quick and smart while shooting the bots, using the corner for cover from one side to another. This one might be different because the bots are actually shooting at you , and the area might be a little larger, but doable..

my inspiration for this came from this video

from the :45 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKdgJ460EQ

.. will send you the video in case it gets removed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion