Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: [Shoothouse] M24 Target Range
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 pm 

I thought id try make a quick shoothouse map after an idea i had.

There is 56 targets in total that move side to side from 7 places spread down the target range.

There is about 4-5 targets that are super fast... not sure if they are too fast.

Im not sure if anyone plays these shoothouse maps especially UMM ones but if you do id like some feedback on.

Was the time limit okay?
Was there enough ammo?
Is it too hard to hit the fast ones?
What should the scoring for bronze, silver, gold be?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =334290070

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Last edited by TheBadaBing! on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [Shoothouse] M24 Target Range
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 am 

Good job.That look great...
I will suby and check out in the morn..

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:28 am 

Wow it was so late when I posted this thread I forgot to link to the stupid map haha.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:50 am 

looks good dude, ill be on this later for a blast :mrgreen:

note - i have had more people try my shoothouse than any of my maps put together! i can tell by how many subs its had and the people that leave scores, there was at least 20+ unique scorers before the stat wipe not long ago, and theres a fair few had a go since.. i have found getting any sort of feedback on them is very hard thing to get your hands on :mrgreen:

i actually think shoothouses get more love than UMMs imo, not sure why, probably as there aint so many of them floating around in the workshop i guess, makes them easier to find and try :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 pm 

your shoothouse is suffering the same issue as mine did, scores not saving..in my case it was something to do with the setup of the ammo count and weapon in the AA playerstart properties (in content browser, 'Scene' tab at top).. perhaps it will help give you somewhere to troubleshoot if the problem persists, heres a SS of mine setup correctly, which fixed my issues with the scores saving.. you have to assign number of mags given to the player to begin etc.. (its different for shotgun as they dont use them which is why they both say 42)

man its hard to get that gold, thats not to say its too hard, practice helps and leading slightly when you need to, i suck :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:29 pm 

I updated it and removed the 2 empty weapon slots but i still don't know if it has fixed it.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:35 pm 

ill try it now, but i think you will need to setup initial and max mag count to cater for your needs, the value of 42 i used on the above screenshot was an example of my setup on Hotel.. it meant the player begins with and has a maximum amount of 42 shotgun shells for the course (there was 38 targets in my map). since shotguns do not use mags, its was a little confusing at first but i played around until i got to something that worked.

before i did that.. the shoothouse wouldnt save the scores, just kept saying "loading timed out"

so in your case, you will likely need to figure out how many magazines of M24 ammo a player will need to complete the shoothouse, give or take a little for spare/missed shots and add them values to the fields, not forgetting to save before republishing. you can test for correct functionality without republishing by PIE (playing in the editor), if you have icons for ammo count in the window (the one that flashes up to tell you of medal tiers etc..) when the game starts its likely that it will work.. as it is now you have no icons for ammo, which indicates something is wrong with the setup.

EDIT - yeah, im getting an insane amount of mags, i would imagine you only need supply a max amount of say 6 mags (which is 61 bullets for the targets) try setting both max and initial on 6 and see if that helps. im actually not entirely sure what the difference is between initial and max is.. unless initial means the amount you have in the gun before needing to reload for the first time, in which case if the above dont work try setting initial mags on 1 and max mags on 5 or 6

another thing to try could be..

5 full mags with 11 shots already in the gun should give players 61 bullets, so make it initial mag count 1 and max count 5. (6 max if your feeling generous)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:36 pm 

No combination of mag amounts give me the ammo count you mention... :(

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 pm 

well that kinda stumps me somewhat, ill have a go in the editor with M24 and see if i can better help.. :(

in the meantime, have a play around with it.. try very low values such as 2 for each, see what happens.

i know that making shoothouses in the advanced is a little more tricky than using the basic, it took me a while to convert Hotel into a shoothouse, as it wasnt setup for Shoothouse info.. since the basic editor gives you all the options you need in a very easy to understand way when clicking properties on the 'Start mat' actor.. its easier to set one up that way.

EDIT - set both max and initial on 6 (or both 7 for the extra ammo), then it should work ok :mrgreen:

save the map.. click 'play level' from the play tab on the top bar (not play from here) to test the amount of ammo you can use in the level, if you publish after, i'll test it again, but it should be Ok after that :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:42 pm 

Ive done both at 6.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions