Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA2 Maps in Production
 Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:27 pm 

I am running an aa2 classic custom maps server. Rotation is aa2 classic maps only. Server restarts on watchdog every morning. After that it will rotate these awesome aa2 remakes.

-=NAM=- is recruiting! apply at http://www.namarmy.com/

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:29 pm 

PS: If the server does crash as sometimes does when loading some of these maps it should automatically restart in about 20 mins. Will probably add the maps into map voting very shortly as well.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:01 am 

Wolverine are you making a remake or an update to the map that has oil and pipes.
My remake of a map like that is coming along but its like Operation Csar. Its more of an update than a remake.
And its far from done. Im stuck running the 64bit shortcut then having to load the 32bit to test it.
So my progress has slowed

https://imgur.com/a/0ox9K
Still need to get tunnels, main pump room, bathroom, ext and outside done. But I very new to this so I'm learning as I go.

Joined Friday the 13th '13?
ProphetOfDoom?
Sounds Fishy.....

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:42 am 

Is your layout true to the original step for step? That was the plan for us...my self and Maclobster. We're trying to recreate it with a new vision, and the same exact layout. :wink:

TBH we haven't even started yet....we're still in the planing mode right now. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:56 am 

I have extra areas but they are not accessible to the "Play area"
I didn't port anything over, however I spent hours with 2.5 open and trying the angles and then remapping and making sure they were the same for sight lines and such.

So its the exact same layout. Now its a mansion instead of a pipeline. North pump room is more or less a garden, I have security stations added in (They don't come into game play but they are there).
Main pump room is the house portion with main Cp room being a bedroom and under cp being a safe room.

Tunnels are now the catwalks above a factory.
I will upload a file and send you a pm so you can have a look at it. Just lowering some of my textures sizes today to get the map size down.

Joined Friday the 13th '13?
ProphetOfDoom?
Sounds Fishy.....

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:27 pm 

You are doing a great job with those maps!!

I'm really excited about seeing a new Radio Tower someday. I love the old one and I think it would work pretty good with new weapons and stuff.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 pm 

Sounds good, looking forward to checking it out.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:20 pm 

You can add this one to "in Production"
SF Water Treatment
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13447

You can move this one to "Test Ready"
Steamroller
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13320

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:02 am 

I really expected the server to do alot better. I figure until the shaders are cooked it will be a problem. As that is what I keep hearing. Mout seems to be a problem and now border and courtside. The maps seem to be bigger than were originally in mb size. Somehow they work sometimes and sometimes not. Seems to be more not work than work. Perhaps we could get a dev reply on this. The only map that always seems to work consistently is weapons cache se. Perhaps you could enlighten us GUNZ?????

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:44 pm 

hockeyrob69 wrote:
I really expected the server to do alot better. I figure until the shaders are cooked it will be a problem. As that is what I keep hearing. Mout seems to be a problem and now border and courtside. The maps seem to be bigger than were originally in mb size. Somehow they work sometimes and sometimes not. Seems to be more not work than work. Perhaps we could get a dev reply on this. The only map that always seems to work consistently is weapons cache se. Perhaps you could enlighten us GUNZ?????

A lot of the maps take a long time to load. I think you may need to wait for the future ME releases that allow cooking of maps. It also doesn't help that this game doesn't have that big of a player base.

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one has made Mountain Pass yet. I figured that would have been done by now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions