Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA2 Border
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 am 

Is it possible to replace the flag with a briefcase or something? I know it's possible to replace/hide AC objectives but I'm not so sure about EXT ones. Anyway, amazing job.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 am 

frankof wrote:
Altan_AA wrote:
[?]^]-[ammer_T!me wrote:
Looks great Altan (on the images)!

Is there a way to preview the map offline? No server is having this map on and it's missing in offline mode list. Can it be done via console somehow?

You could open the map in the Full Editor, there is in the top menu, Play/In Editor

It would be real nice if someone could add the map to a server, since I'm using a heavily modied Objective setup I'm worried that it wont work online(It does offline)

Do as i do, launch a lan server and join that, its the same as playing online, minus network issues.
(granted, other players cant join unless you sett it up to it, but for looking at a map its good enough)

Not sure if the comment was for me or not.
But a lan server don't work for checking the Objectives, since when playing alone the warmup will not pass, and since I use the Round start as a trigger to enable the random objective, LAN server is no good for me.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 am 

xinon wrote:
Is it possible to replace the flag with a briefcase or something? I know it's possible to replace/hide AC objectives but I'm not so sure about EXT ones. Anyway, amazing job.

I'll try for the next version.
I still have Doors and ambient sounds left to do.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:09 am 

Altan_AA wrote:
Not sure if the comment was for me or not.
But a lan server don't work for checking the Objectives, since when playing alone the warmup will not pass, and since I use the Round start as a trigger to enable the random objective, LAN server is no good for me.

Thats true, its one weakness with the warmup, but its good for running around on the map.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:26 pm 

Good point frankof! I'll try it via lan server.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:39 pm 
AACM
AACM

I believe that if you go to Editor > Manage in the Launcher and then hit the play now button by your map the Objectives are active.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:10 pm 

Version 0.2 has replaced the old file with fixed Spawns for Bravo.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:20 pm 

Tried it via LAN host option, it's gorgeous! Great work. They only problem was the bunch of obj markers (for flag and extractions, like 10 of them in total) but this could be an issue with warmup.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:16 pm 

[?]^]-[ammer_T!me wrote:
Tried it via LAN host option, it's gorgeous! Great work. They only problem was the bunch of obj markers (for flag and extractions, like 10 of them in total) but this could be an issue with warmup.

Yes, the map will enable just 1 of the 5 Flags(Random) when the round really starts.. or at least that is the plan.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:40 am 

Altan_AA wrote:
[?]^]-[ammer_T!me wrote:

Yes, the map will enable just 1 of the 5 Flags(Random) when the round really starts.. or at least that is the plan.

Altan,

Last night i played your map for a couple of hours. Heres some input.

1- Sometimes the flag wont appear. I would say that every 4 of 10 rounds, we at attack would have to kill the entire opposite team cause there was no flag. Also in defense team you would not know where to defend cause there was no flag.

2- At South hills i got freezed while trying to go down from the hills to the car. Saw some ppl have the same issue too. Not sure if happens in all the hills but happened to me twice in South Hills.

3- About that car in South Road. Hes not finished. Check the textures cause instead of the window glass i see a the white and blue pattern.

4- Last but most important. You can leave the defense spawn before the counting. You just have to crawl under the virtual wall and start running. I would guess this has something to do with the level of the virtual walls. U should prioritize this cause it gives a great rushing advantage to defense.

Done with the problems lets talk about the map.

The map is incredibly accurate with the AA2 version. All the hills are there, all the buildings are there. I would never think you would nail the map like you did. Textures are awesome.

The dynamic of the map is all back. You take the mosque you have a great advantage. On defense focus on build to build defense. Theres nothing i would change about the map but the flag. I hate the flag. It would be great to have the briefcase back.

Finally, thanks for doing what you did and the great job you did. Now my standard request... Can you please redesign Bridge SE? rofl thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions