Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: AA3ish Alley
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:11 pm 

I made a remake of the Alley Map from AA3. I didn't want to copy AA3's version like many people have done. Instead I made this map from scratch. It is considered Alpha testing but seems more beta by howbbbb but seems to play pretty good. Check it out, play it, and let me know what you think.

You can find it on the
-=312=- / Custom Maps (server)
IP 104 200 142 59 :7778

Delta_Force

Post subject: Re: AA3ish Alley
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:37 pm 

I like the idea of making an AA3-like map 'freestyle'. The funny part, it that I'm working on my exact copy for quite some time now - the total oppostie approach. I'm interested how it will play out with the new routes opened up.

Some bugs(?):
1) Players can get on hotel top and the entire east part roofs
2) You can get inside the office building 2nd floor (BTW, it that building missing textures? Or is in intentionally blue-white?)

Idea:
Change the fire escapes, so players don't get stuck or fall. I had a tremendous amount of complaints on my map about this.

As it is not intended to be a full port, it sound logical for me not to simply call it 'Alley' but something different. Like Alley Plus, etc...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 am 

thanks for the feed back.

The Blue and white building is a material issue once uploaded. I changed the material to a known good one for now. So after the new upload that is will be fixed. Same with the spots you shouldn't go.

Thanks for playing, it was enjoyable playing.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:17 pm 

I didn't get to play it, but I ran around in it for few. Suggestion.....The hotel glass is cool and all, especially so much of it to shoot :mrgreen: However, I'd say space it a bit or add divider in between each section. Because right now looks weird after you shoot out all the glass.

Keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm 

I plan on metal runners between the plains of glass. To give it a frame.

I plan on uploading the newest version to the -=312=- custom maps server in an hour or two with time permiting (Currently 42% rendered). Come on in and join us this afternoon

Thanks for the feed back.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 pm 

Its up and running

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm 

URL to map
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =382973449

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions