Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Islande
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 am 

This is my second map in beta and I want to thank Delta Thunder for the Foliage & Insects, Wolverine & (Beerme) Lobo for helping with Textures and (Beerme) Roach for running it on the server.

http://youtu.be/VGkgTmM4J0w

I would appreciate your input

Post subject: Re: Islande
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:14 am 

looks good! nice job :mrgreen:

the only feedback i can add would be to maybe paint some variable sized grass around on that brown ground texture, maybe add some variation on the terrain on the whole too, like cracked soil, sand and rocks. it looks a little clean (for lack of a better term) for a tree/forest environ, just adding some variety, i think.. would help make it all really pop :)

there are not enough of these new (not remade) natural types of maps, so your in an exclusive club, good luck!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:18 am 

I totally agree with uni-sol. It seems a little clean. A slightly fog around the island would be cool. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 pm 

I agree with both guys before me: the open space idea is great and there is a huge lack of this type of maps. It lacks grass and some more color to the ground. Maybe some bushes near the trees?
I'd lower the ambient sound in the cave, I've made the same mistake earlier on my map: what sounds cool in the editor, might get annoying while playing. Is it possible to add some waves? You have the sound, it is a bit weird with 0 water movement. But I have no clue how waves could be done.

Keep up the good work!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:57 pm 

Waves would greatly impact performance I'll see if I cam find a balance. I also agree with some ground cover and I'll be adding that in. The map is being play tested and if the cave sound is to much I'll tone it down. Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:24 pm 

Looks good! Some feedback like others have said the ground/landscape needs some additional textures painted onto it to make it look more realistic. 1 solid colour doesn't help sell it to me.

Use these on your landscape:

And you get get more interesting feel to the ground like this

Also i find them trees abit too fantasy style looking for your map. Its me mario!.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions