Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: All AA3 Maps Available for AAPG
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 am 

I didnt get that bug either anymore. But test happened with 0.5v _before_ LocoRobo informed that server is updated. You can play cross versions? I mean if i had new version and server had old, it could affect some kinky things for the game, even it first seems to work :)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 am 

Tuksu.fin wrote:
I didnt get that bug either anymore. But test happened with 0.5v _before_ LocoRobo informed that server is updated. You can play cross versions? I mean if i had new version and server had old, it could affect some kinky things for the game, even it first seems to work :)

Normally I would say that the Unreal GUID protection would prevent that.
But since I have no other explanation I'll take a closer look at it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 am 

I've now taken the step of moving the Assets into the maps, and also removed one of the alleys and Airfield.

So even when I took out 2 maps, the next version will be ~300 MB bigger.
This is the sizes after the maps are cooked:
Code:
flo_Alley_day_cloudy.umap         316 814 856 Bytes
flo_Bridge_day_fog.umap           306 420 652 Bytes
flo_Bridge_night_clear.umap       304 754 038 Bytes
flo_Impact_day_cloudy.umap        217 430 645 Bytes
flo_Pipeline_dawn_clear.umap      233 003 759 Bytes
flo_Ranch_day_fog.umap            201 523 929 Bytes
flo_Shantytown_day_rain.umap      151 984 199 Bytes
flo_Stronghold_night_clear.umap   372 081 657 Bytes

v0.6 will be released in a few days.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 pm 

Full video of the 8 maps included in the next version:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:22 pm 

Awesome work dude. Maybe make you a new steam account call aa3 mod and upload only those eight maps to it. I can do it for you if you'd like? I know it's a lot of work and you've put so much time into. let me know if I can help you with that.

I'm sure people will love them. I know at least 3 servers that will be hosting them around the clock.

Once again, thanks for your hard work.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 am 

As a member of -=HELL=- clan i guess we should be able to bring those maps on 1 of the servers (hosted in the netherlands). I don't know when but i talked with one of the admins and he said he will do it when he has some free time. It takes very long to upload though.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 am 

I'm rebuilding the maps now, and should have v0.6 uploaded within 24 hours.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 am 

pretty sure no one will miss foggy alley or airfield buddy, now its a case of getting them out there and better noticed somehow, so others can learn about their existence outside of the workshop and enjoy all the hard work you have put into replicating, converting and porting them over.

if i were devs or PR, i would check them all over and add them to the game itself as an optional download through steam when installing the game, or put them in anyway just for the extra content they bring.. who knows, they may even bring primarily AA3 players, and fans to come and play this version.. especially with some advertisement and exposure :)

most of all, i really hope to see people playing these maps on servers no matter what, they are great and im very thanful you took the time and effort to provide them for us!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 am 

uni-sol wrote:
pretty sure no one will miss foggy alley or airfield buddy, now its a case of getting them out there and better noticed somehow, so others can learn about their existence outside of the workshop and enjoy all the hard work you have put into replicating, converting and porting them over.

if i were devs or PR, i would check them all over and add them to the game itself as an optional download through steam when installing the game, or put them in anyway just for the extra content they bring.. who knows, they may even bring primarily AA3 players, and fans to come and play this version.. especially with some advertisement and exposure :)

most of all, i really hope to see people playing these maps on servers no matter what, they are great and im very thanful you took the time and effort to provide them for us!

Couldn't have said it better myself! I agree 100%

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 pm 

I'm uploading v0.6

Until that, v0.5 is not available, and I'll post the link to v0.6 when the upload is complete

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions