Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Rusneyev (updated Feb 28th, 2015) Ruins.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:59 am 

CONFIDENTIAL:

Codename - Operation Rusneyev

Location - Tropical Region, Czervenia

Intel - After a routine satellite fly over the Czervenia Ruin Island, photos reviled troop movement in and around the deserted island. Setiallite photos also reviled nuclear missle being loaded onto the Island. Fearing a Nuclear attack, giving the loacation of the Island, The U.S Army has been rushed into action before it's too late.

Mission Priority/Orders - Secure and Extract the warhead or face complete annihilation.

Do you have what it takes? Good Luck Soliders!

Hooah!

Map Info:

First Release. Please keep in mind this is the 1st version being release. It's a Beta and it will still need improvement. Map has very little optimization done to it so far, so please keep that in mind when responding, I'm open to any suggestion to make the map better. All feedback/comments/suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for playing my Map.

Known Bug....Up in sniper nest, there is an area with invincible blocking volume. It will be fixed for next version.

Final Beta Released Feb 28th 2015.......Enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =382574850

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta 1 Released Jan 27th 2015. 1st Release......Enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =382574850

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Screenshots Jan 25th 2015 :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info updated Jan 8th 2015:
Now that I'm kind of settled into my new house and most of my office is set up, I started working on this map again.

I will me this strictly for FLO for now. I have some plans in the near future for BDX comp maps. But for now, I want to finish and release this. Few update screenshots below.

Updated Screenshots Jan 8th 2015 :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get this map out before I got way too busy with my work. I'm working on 2 versions of the map. Primarily concentration on BDX Competition version, but I'll be releasing FLO version as well.

Also I'm trying to push the boundaries graphically, going for that Crysis look. Map is still very smooth, absolutely no drop in fps.

Looking for some comp players to test when the map is ready....it's pretty close now.

All comments and suggestions welcomed.

There are tunnels in the maps, however depending how it play, I might close those for BDX. But we'll see how it works out in testing.

Thanks for reading. :wink:

Last edited by -=}WoLvErInE{=- on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [WIP] BDX Ruins (Comp map) + FLO Pub Ver.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:53 am 

Im going to put it out there. If you want it to be a competitive map then it probably shouldn't be night time. I was looking through all the competive games like csgo, cod4 promod that I have and was trying to look at what really makes the maps play well. I noticed all the comp maps are mainly bright middle of the day sand maps. The key was that it was always a sunny environment.

As for two versions id say just aim to make one version that suits both. Take inner for example it's light and it has a simplistic design, everyone loves it on pub and can be played competitively.

And remember bushes should be left for the german adult film industry.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:48 am 

As usual looks great. We could get a better idea if you published run around on youtube to get feel for flow. Love the palm trees when can I get a copy :)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 am 

looks really good mate! even though its a night setting, it looks light enough to see clearly enough.

P.S.. i sure would love to get my grubby mits on that rather nice looking 'starry night' skybox your using in there :]

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:52 pm 

Please, if you want to do a competitive map, it should not be night. NEVER EVER. But since I love your work, I believe it's gonna be great. :)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 pm 

If you are stuck on the map being a night time setting. I would highly suggest you take the Night Infiltration map as a guideline for how dark it is. I wouldn't even go as dark as that map is. The map will never make it into competition as a night time setting in your photos

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 am 

Thanks for all the feedback guys. with that being said, I've been around comp for very long time till few years back,and yes for the most part I agree with what you guys are saying. However, I think done right it could work great. Although it's a night map, once I'm done with the color choices it will feel like a day map. using light colors IE: white, greens, beige...etc will make the player model stick out like sore thumb.

And if it don't work in the end I can always change the lighting to day time. We have options! :wink:

Also the terrain is not done yet. it will have sand, so more lighter colors.

:mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 am 

Hyperlite wrote:
If you are stuck on the map being a night time setting. I would highly suggest you take the Night Infiltration map as a guideline for how dark it is. I wouldn't even go as dark as that map is. The map will never make it into competition as a night time setting in your photos

Looking forward to the end product.

Post subject: Re: [WIP] Ruins
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:19 pm 

Updated Jan 8th 2015:
Now that I'm kind of settled into my new house and most of my office is set up, I started working on this map again.

I will me this strictly for FLO for now. I have some plans in the near future for BDX comp maps. But for now, I want to finish and release this. Few update screenshots below.

Updated Screenshots Jan 8th 2015 :

Post subject: Re: [WIP] Ruins
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:32 pm 

Looking good as always! I'm still undecided whether night time is a good thing. Is there a possibility of adding lights? One think I noticed from the dev night maps is they have quite a few lights in them because light shadows are sexy. What about a row of lights on posts or hanging from a wire?

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions