Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: [Whitebox] Compound / Competitive Map
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:06 am 

from the topdown it looks like it could be a good CQB map, im about as useful as a pub player when it comes to what makes comp maps good, but it sure does look like the sort of map that would appeal to comp players, not too big/small, with plenty of routes/chokes.

wonder if anyone has tried it since you updated it?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:24 am 

I tried it in offline mode - The layout looks good, but the meshes need to be changed/reworked. Why not give him a hand uni? I read you're not good at designing layouts, that's all done for you here.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:32 am 

i would love to, but my hands are tied currently, i'm operating on a skeleton rig. my main gaming PC is missing parts, getting ready for a much needed upgrade and my backup/spare computer what im using now is crap and old, i can just about run the game on low, its not near good enough to work with the editor :(

in a few more weeks i can certainly take a look at it :mrgreen:

for changes to meshes (or BSP which bada looks to have used lots of in the map) you would likely need to compile a list, possibly with screens (or even better video) showing exactly where the tweaks need to be made, otherwise its very counter productive to flesh out the map with goodness, before locking down the layout first.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:11 pm 

Along with IK, we are planning on playtesting Drecks map this coming week. I'll see if we can test this one out as well if someone is willing to put in the work and make it look right once the feedback is given.

Uni - Best of luck with your pc.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 pm 

Yeah the meshes & BSP used is just for mocking out the layout. Only items like the containers are legit in an area i always viewed as a "waste land" at the outskirts of the warehouses.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:26 pm 

DragonEyez wrote:
Along with IK, we are planning on playtesting Drecks map this coming week. I'll see if we can test this one out as well if someone is willing to put in the work and make it look right once the feedback is given.

Uni - Best of luck with your pc.

thanks, given the luck i have had over the past few weeks i think i will need it :lol:

UMM's biggest issue is people not giving feedback, for example, a person may try a map they saw that looked potentially great, it might be eye popping or it might be barebones but if they tried it and didn't like something about it, they tend to just drop the map, scratch it off as a failed attempt and dont bother to tell the designer whats on their mind, all of the things that might have made that map infinitely better..

so its kinda hard for makers/designers to make maps that people will ultimately like in that respect. as a maker your in a difficult position from the get go, you either have to be lucky enough to make a perfect map right off the bat, or risk the opposite and watch it gather dust in the workshop along with the other hundreds of maps.

its very hard and its something that needs the community as a whole to get behind to work properly. only then will both parties, makers and players see the rewards of UMMs.

i think its great that you guys are willing to help out, truly thanks.. its something very much needed and welcomed by mappers. in the end you get a great new map to play and the mapper is more than happy to see players playing on his creation, win.. win :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:05 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
its very hard and its something that needs the community as a whole to get behind to work properly. only then will both parties, makers and players see the rewards of UMMs.

i think its great that you guys are willing to help out, truly thanks.. its something very much needed and welcomed by mappers. in the end you get a great new map to play and the mapper is more than happy to see players playing on his creation, win.. win :mrgreen:

If you guys/mappers can create a good balanced competitive map with the feedback that is provided, i'll gladly become an advocate for it getting pushed into rotation within the leagues. In the match between IK and vR, I was commentating with Rokis and others, I confirmed with Krux that if a good competitive map can be made, he'd gladly make sure the teams get to play it.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:33 am 

Its just mapping in general i think alot of people have lost the will to do it.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions