Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: [WIP] Morobayu Station [Map Competition]
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:53 am 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
Amazing Job Dude! It's a great hit. People in the server kept saying more more more...lol

TBH plays just as good as Hospital. It more CQB than hospital.

Great Job! :mrgreen:

im glad you liked it :mrgreen: i wish i was there :(

i actually cant remember who to thank.. but a guy (it was some pub jones, thanks whoever you were) that said "this map would be awesome if it wasnt inside a hospital", so thats initially where the inspiration and idea for a inner hospital remake in an outside environment came in, of course with a train depot inspired theme for the comp. admittedly i could have spent a lot more time tidying up certain areas and getting it as close as possible to inner, (gave up on comm volumes after a nasty untimely editor crash) but not only did i find it hard to get spot on dimension wise.. i didnt really want to make it exact so it has some character of its own.

i guess the devs have to take some credit too, thanks! its their map the layout is taken from, ive just changed it up :lol:

im guessing the common plays have changed? were spam nades a problem? i was always wondering when building it since its now outside with no roofs like there are in hospital, i imagine its easy to pop a grenade from (what was) west wing entrance to information :lol: things like that. in testing you could even throw one from bamboo to upper gallery haha thats before even wondering about changed sightliness due to using different assets.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:46 am 

Yes it did change a bit. It took while to get adjusted. And yes there were some ares you can spam nades now over buildings. But all in all played great. Just funny hearing people.....he's up and over, 2 dark room...hahaha.

Well done. definitely a keeper!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:39 am 

i would like to say a big thanks to the guys at {ICU} for running the map in their rotation, and any other private/clan server owners who give it a whirl :mrgreen:

hooah!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm 
Developer
Developer

uni-sol wrote:
[Dev]Lawgiver wrote:
Hospital

winner!

DragonEyez wrote:
HOSPITAL. I said it first. Devs dont count

for clarification, its not the size of the whole hospital map, its virtually the same size and modelled as close as possible to inner hospital.

one thing is guaranteed, it will have a different feel and gameplay as some of the sightlines and of course the layout is not exact (given the use of different assets), but the chokepoints and overall layout of the inner hospital map remain almost exactly the same in this map.

i figured a lot of people like playing inner hopsital and its also one of my favorites so instead of trying to rack my brains coming up with a good playable map of entirely my own imagining (i have 3 of them on the backburner already), i would use something i know is enjoyed as a template and give it a new look.. and tbh.. it was a toss up between this and downtown, in the end i went for this.

Great Job, it's a fun map. I hope to see some more like this soon.

Post subject: Re: Morobayu Station
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am 

Map updated, go get your inner hospital fix! in an all new environ :mrgreen:

aint bothered with adding in the comm volumes just yet.. as im working on some other things too within the map, i figure you all know where is where anyway (up and over, darkroom etc..) :lol:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318024162

Post subject: Re: Morobayu Station Beta
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 am 

im gutted.. i just lost a HDD with all my maps on it (not gonna say how its embarrassing to say the least)..ive lost everything that isnt on the workshop..

there were a few like my silly goldeneye facility map that quite frankly sucked anyway.. and a remake of springstreet.. but im especially sorry to have lost NuckTown that was almost completed, it was my baby, i put sooo many hours into polishing it and getting it right.. i was literally just waiting on getting my new PC to apply the finishing touches, build it production for the grand reveal, i even renamed it SmallTown after GB changed my forum name back to uni-sol.

(its an old SS, and an early WIP too, but its the only one i got in my pics folder)

so yeah, all my WIP maps are gone, best of all only last week i was gonna back it all up to my spare drive too.. this happens just as i was starting to want to get into maps again :(

let this be a lesson to map makers, keep multiple backups of your hardwork on separate media if possible to avoid the pain of losing it all! looks like i'll be starting a fresh slate if i can pick my bottom lip up off the floor :cry:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 pm 

Oh. Dear. Been there done that. Nowadays I copy them to an external Hd....

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 pm 

you know whats funny, im pretty sure i have told people before to make backups of their maps, especially when bugfixing or trying to right a wrong with the editor.. said it a few times to different people.

.. all whilst not following my own darn advice :lol:

i reckon i lost between 200-300 hours of effort at least.. gotta admit at first i was in denial, but now its properly sunk in, im not gonna lie im absolutely ready to uninstall the game, just from my own stupidity.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:29 pm 

Uni.....how dead is dead?

I've recovered files with certain progs that I thought lost through normal means. Does it spin?

I static-zapped the MBR off of an HDD and still recovered files!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:55 pm 

Dead as in i don't own the drive with the maps on it anymore, it's in someone elses possession after i sold it to them :lol:

im in the process of moving PC parts around ready for my new build in a few weeks so i am selling off some of my dead weight, the old HDD's (in favour of SSD's), my old CPU, GPU, RAM sticks etc..

So yeah, a long embarrassing story short.. You have to excuse Gareth (me) who is the type of idiot that lets his Mrs sell the wrong PC part to someone, while he wasn't present.. assuming she knew (after a phone call) which of the two HDDs were for sale.

basically, she passed the guy the wrong one. we spoke on the phone when the guy turned up and i told her "not the 250GB seagate one, the other one".. perhaps she didnt see the numbers? perhaps she didnt even look?.. its not her fault i guess.. i cant blame her shes not a PC person.

anywho, i lost a lot more than a few maps tbh, there was other things on the drive too.. now i cant get hold of the guy who bought it :(

back to square one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions