Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Shoothouse] Hotel
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 am 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
Maybe you can add a train in it and enter it into the contest. :mrgreen:

that would save an awful lot of time :lol:

but if i do have a go and make an entry.. i have something else in mind for a train station/depot, hotel has had three different iterations, a BDX a FLO and now a Shoothouse.. this horse has been well and truly ridden :)

perhaps i will have the hotel visible in the background :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:21 pm 

Glad you got it sorted..Sorry that I've been afk a bit lately...Always feel free to add me to steam and message me for help..

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 pm 

thanks, yeah i got it sorted.. but once i did.. the devs went ahead and broke functionality for it with a new patch, the very same day i uploaded it..

gotta love beta :lol:

anyone know how to start a map with a cinematic event.. basically holding off/stopping the player from spawning for 5-10 seconds?
then after the cinematic, or the cinematic is stopped by player input, then spawning the player?

i have tried using 'level loaded' connected to a small cinematic matinee, but it still plonks my player at spawn when the map loads instead of playing the cinematic first, well i think it actually plays the cinematic, but my view is frozen on my spawned in standing still character for the 5+ seconds, then the shoothouse UI pops up after the event and i can move my character, its like it happening in the background.. my chin has no hair left on it.. i have scratched it so much :lol:

i could also use a good Humvee driving over dirt sound, if anyone knows where i can get something like that?

with a little luck and providing i can work it out.. players trying hotel shoothouse will be arriving there in style and the way i figure it, i might as well continue polishing and adding good stuff to the map until the launcher issue is fixed :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
anyone know how to start a map with a cinematic event.. basically holding off/stopping the player from spawning for 5-10 seconds?
then after the cinematic, or the cinematic is stopped by player input, then spawning the player?

i have tried using 'level loaded' connected to a small cinematic matinee, but it still plonks my player at spawn when the map loads instead of playing the cinematic first, well i think it actually plays the cinematic, but my view is frozen on my spawned in standing still character for the 5+ seconds, then the shoothouse UI pops up after the event and i can move my character, its like it happening in the background.. my chin has no hair left on it.. i have scratched it so much :lol:

i could also use a good Humvee driving over dirt sound, if anyone knows where i can get something like that?

with a little luck and providing i can work it out.. players trying hotel shoothouse will be arriving there in style and the way i figure it, i might as well continue polishing and adding good stuff to the map until the launcher issue is fixed :mrgreen:

no worries about that question guys i got it figured out, im not sure which link was not connected before i asked, but once it became so.. it works like a charm :)

i understand that the cinematic is only gonna be "cool" for the first play.. even though it will start on every new try of the shoothouse, you can skip it at any time.. the way i see it, its learned me some cool new things in kismet anyway :)

btw the kismet i have in this puppy is like spaghetti junction, its all over the place, but hey.. it functions, i gotta work on presentation and tidyness :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:17 pm 

Great stuff..I love Cinematic..They tend to take time setting them up but they are a lot of fun..
I am really happy to see you create one...
Great Job

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:57 pm 

if not for looking at and in some cases copying the devs sequences.. i borrowed the shotgun anim for the official shoothouse but added a different sound file (weapon description) :mrgreen:

from then on with that one snippet of kismet i started to get the jist of what does what, what needs to happen at certain points in time and getting the hang of matinee, building around it.. admittedly its took an awful lot of perseverance and trial and error, but i would be lying if i said i didnt enjoy it :)

10 hours work for a 10 second cinematic that players will likely skip after the first time.. is it really worth it?

HELL YEAH IT IS :mrgreen:

i might make a video of it since im having trouble at the moment with shoothouses launching, so i would have to do it from the editor 'play level' :(

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:21 pm 

the shoothouse is now fixed :mrgreen:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =300445585

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:25 am 

since i got it working and released it to the workshop, i have been working on the first round of fixes in an upcoming update that will hopefully include..

- putting the soldier mesh back in the humvee. (in round start cinematic, its impossible to make the wheels turn unfortunately)
- changing the glass on the top floor, swapping out for smaller panes. (looks quite silly having broken stretched glass)
- making a few of the targets more easier to see by adding/changing lighting.
- lowering the volume of the AA soundtrack that plays while running the shoothouse.
- fix for a wall mounted target on the cafe floor (in the doorway to laundry) not dropping when shot.. this only happens when you fire at it when your too close to it.
- adding white arrow decal pointers to various floors to further help with navigation/direction.
- adding triggered sound effects for targets not immediately seen in the playspace or FOV, namely for the few targets i put in the rooms that branch off the main path through the shoothouse, these sounds will include 'target left!'.. 'target right!'.

i would be grateful for any feedback from players before i release the update, specifically on things such as..

* is the shoothouse 'as it is now' too hard? if so, what do you think would help make it easier?
* are there too many targets/not enough ammo.. or perhaps is the shoothouse too big?
* have you come across any bugs or issues while playing?
* are the scores for the medal tiers right and achievable enough?
* should i increase the timelimit?
* any other feedback you may have, be it good or bad, i shall welcome all.

if i can gather enough info on players perspectives, i can factor in and include these things when i update the map :)

thanks.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:52 pm 

i uploaded run through video. it shows off the map and it im hoping it might help people with finding all the targets while showing the correct way to run the course. its linked in the workshop too :mrgreen:

http://quietube6.com/v.php/http://www.y ... -PRRS-q5C8

not the best score i have got, but its not bad, even hitting a friendly, it can be beaten quite easily.. so, who thinks they can knock the map maker of his perch?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:16 am 

an extra 30 secs have been added to the Shoothouse time limit now you get 2:30 rather than just 2 mins (on request), i had finished the course with over 20 seconds of the original time remaining, but then its easier for me since i made it :lol: perhaps i was too blinded to see from a players perspective who had never played it.. how hard it actually was.

it seems it was a little hard to find and get all the targets within the original time limit, hopefully this change should help out a little. i realize 30 seconds is a LOT of time to be adding, imo anyway.. and that people need to be challenged on time too.. but its a rather big shoothouse and from feedback have come to realize people likely wont keep trying after failing.

i have changed the scoring to facilitate the time change, Gold now needs 5000, Silver 4200 and Bronze 3500, each just as easily achievable as before with practice.

oh and btw.. im still waiting for someone to beat my score! :mrgreen: (scratch that.. scoring is not saving online for some reason :( )

+ big thanks to all the folks who have played it, having over 900 subs for a Shoothouse is Epic!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions