Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Shoothouse] Hotel
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:08 pm 

Hotel Shoothouse is here! - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =300445585

Now would be a good time for a little info on the map and of course, a few tips.

Map features -

~ Late evening/night time setting.

~ Set up exclusively for the 870MCS (shotgun)

~ All new Remington 870MCS info added.

~ Linear layout to aid in finding your way through the Hotel.

~ New updated look to a few areas of the Hotel.

~ Starting on the ground floor, work your way up the Hotel to the Roof where an instructor is waiting to Airlift you back to base.

~ There are a total of 38 enemy targets (you get 42 shells), all spread over the various floors.

~ Doors automatically open when a series of targets are complete.

~ Flashing green arrows to help with navigation/direction.

~ 120 second time limit.. that is.. 2 minutes.

~ 4000 points needed for Gold, 3500 Silver and 3200 for Bronze.

~ Mixture of sliding (various speeds), wall mounted and standing targets.

~ Small cinematics added both when the Shoothouse begins and is complete.

(PS - spoilers not included, some things ya gotta wait to see!.. or hear! :mrgreen: )

Shoothouse tips -

~ Ensure that you check 'all' areas of the Hotel for possible targets that are not immediately apparent/seen, a few of them you will find are in tricky spots, in a room you may not have seen etc.. all on purpose of course, muhahaha!

~ Some doors are set to automatically open when a series of targets are complete, so if you find yourself trapped in the same area of the hotel with time ticking away and running out, you need to find the target you missed for the door to open.

~ Expect to run out of time until you get to know the map better, and where enemy targets are. Practice makes perfect :)

~ There are a few places where you can save some ammo (and getting a higher score) by getting two targets in one shot, be on the lookout for those opportunities!

~ Given the night time nature of the map, a few of the targets can be quite dark, which is dependant on many things, your individual gamma value, your monitor settings, brightness/contrast settings etc.. which can all help in making it hard to tell whether a dark target is a friend or foe, my advice in any case is to shoot the darkest :mrgreen: (a recent map lighting update has drastically improved this)

~ My number one tip of all is to reload the weapon often, dont let that shotgun run completely dry! good practice is to be reloading when you still have at least 1 shell left, otherwise you may find yourself wasting a lot of time reloading from empty.

Good Luck! Now.. Get to da Choppa!

Last edited by uni-sol on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hotel Shoothouse
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:52 pm 

Sounds cool! Haven't tried it yet, but it's nice to see that people are still building stuff!

I personally think that making the map loading more streamlined and obvious would be a really big help for the game.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:01 pm 

Keebler_750 wrote:
Sounds cool! Haven't tried it yet, but it's nice to see that people are still building stuff!

thanks! i think for anyone who tries it, its gonna be quite a challenge for the first few tries at least, the key to the map is learning the target locations, once you have them nailed down.. and the spots where you can hit more than one target at once, then ya can really go for the big scores :mrgreen:

trust me.. Gold is easy as pie to get once you master the map. i have even finished it in testing with 30 seconds left, but then.. i built it :lol:

Keebler_750 wrote:
I personally think that making the map loading more streamlined and obvious would be a really big help for the game.

could not agree more!

EDIT, one more thing.. i seem to have an issue :(

when you upload a shoothouse to the workshop does it take a little time before online scoring/leaderboards are enabled?

maybe i set it up wrong in the advanced editor and missed a tickbox somewhere, perhaps there is something i must do to enable the online scoring, i dont know? i get an error after running the shoothouse (on the leaderboard/scoring page) that says .. 'Loading timed out'

im stumped.

here is a pic of my worldinfo, perhaps it might help (click to enlarge)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:30 am 

gonna try to remove the one i originally uploaded to the workshop and re-publish the map using the normal mission editor (rather than advanced), unfortunately it wont allow me to overwrite the old one, so sorry to anyone who had subscribed previously, you will have to re-sub to the new one, but please hang off doing that until i have tested it.

it seems something was not set-up correctly namely, the magazine count. hopefully this minor change will fix the issue..

i shall report if the problem is fixed after its re-published and tested :)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:01 am 

Great news.. The shoothouse now works as intended after applying the fix above!

(links to download in the forums have also been updated to point to the updated map)

now, go beat my score, if you can! :mrgreen:

PS.. devs can you please fix the preview image function for steam in both the advanced and normal editors? i can never get it to take a suitable screenshot of the map! its annoying and first impressions are key, thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:17 am 

the old map has been removed from workshop. the shoothouse needs updating after the new patch, bad upload timing on my part i guess.. since we got a game update on the same day :lol:

all links to the map will be removed and then updated after re-building, re-publishing and re-testing. should be back up later tonight, hopefully, thats assuming i run into no more issues.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:19 am 

A suggestion, perhaps renaming this topic to
[Shoothouse]Hotel

or

[SHOOTHOUSE]Hotel

Might make it more clear that it's a shoothouse?

Post subject: Re: [Shoothouse] Hotel
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:30 am 

good idea, its done :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:14 pm 

i just finished up building the map for the last time, some new features have been added (including more lighting to help see the darker targets better), and have been edited into the OP.

i shall be releasing it to the workshop, but it will remain hidden until the time comes when the devs find and fix the bug launching shoothouses.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:28 pm 

Maybe you can add a train in it and enter it into the contest. :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions