Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Operation: CSAR [Released June 5th, 2014]
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:01 pm 

I shall do some research.. your not wrong in saying its hard to tie in :lol:

however if i can find a way, whilst keeping it short i will stick it in, otherwise i hope it may help inspire others to come up with something :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:26 pm 

I’m taking a different approach to this. Imagine you’re watching a SAR-Tech kneeling and speaking into the camera.

CSAR, it’s an acronym for Combat Search and Rescue. Everything in the military is an acronym. Like DAR, Designated Area of Recovery. Or it’s a short form like helo for helicopter and hook for Chinook. Of course that makes Chinook pilots Hookers.
Humour, it helps us get through the tuff stuff as well as bond as a team. We need to be an effect team. Our missions are among the most important and most dangerous. We don’t get a lot of Intel or time to plan. The mission is life, everything before and after is just waiting. Sometimes while waiting we tell stories. When the old dogs talk everyone listens. When they talk CSAR we know it’s not the acronym, it’s a mission, “the” mission.
The story goes that a young rotornut, (that’s a helo pilot) was doing postal runs out into the desert. (That’s ferrying elite Spec Op teams). On his last return run he took a hit and attempted to crank his bird home but it pitched up. He tried to do a fixed wing yank and bank to bring it back but lost it and pancaked hard.
Now he was out in the desert, nothing but sand n sun for miles yet he managed to find the only village in the sector to crash into. Not only that but it was in OPFOR held territory, the scene of many hard fought battles. The way the old dogs tell it CSAR was the hardest mission in recent memory.
Now, what seems a life time later and a world away we have a similar scenario. A crash hawk is down in an old deserted village. But there’s a difference this time. Industry has built up around the old hovels and the local radicals know the layout well as it’s been their personal playground and training centre. This is going to be a tuff row to hoe. But we have a bird to secure and a pilot to protect.
I wonder, when we’re the old dogs will this be our CSAR. Like they say in Hollywood, the sequel will either make you or break you.
Well it’s time to huddle up and get the mission briefing.
I never fret ‘cause I keep her wet. Hoorah!

(With apologies to Steve McQueen)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:25 am 

Dude?! Where'd ya learn all that lingo? :)

I like!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:56 pm 

Good stuff so far.....No one else??? :cry: :cry:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm 

perhaps split this request bit off.. and make a dedicated post for it? maybe that will help

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 pm 

I have no story line. I just want "Hyp's House" tagged somewhere on the north courtyard building.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:20 pm 

Keebler_750 wrote:
Dude?! Where'd ya learn all that lingo? :)

I like!

My father built and flew his own aircraft. As a young lad I spent many days at Oshawa airport hearing stories from some very interesting characters. I also read a lot of my dad’s aircraft books and magazines.
But mostly it’s due to the fact that I live 25 minutes from 424 (Transport and Rescue) Squadron, 8 Wing, CFB Trenton, Canada’s largest and busiest air base.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 pm 

To Sniper slot or not to Sniper slot, that is the question????

What you guys think about roles? Leave as is, or remove the sniper class? Also maybe 1 AR or 2?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:34 pm 
AACM
AACM

For me I would personally have no Sniper Slots, 2 ARs and the rest Riflemen.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 pm 

Sight lines are pretty short, the m14 is already overpowered on the map.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions