Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA2 Maps in Production
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:12 pm 
Mission Editor
Mission Editor

I would like to add Weapons Cache is already on Test Ready stage. The maps is almost completed and 3 guys are testing it on a daily basis, report bugs and i solve them as they comes to me.

Right now i'm building the Attacker Building, and i may think by the end of today, the map should be added and tested on our private server for some intense testing and as soon as i think the map is ready for public i will post a brand new post about it, here in the forums, will also post on AAO-Daily.com (Sorry James, for now i'm too busy, when times comes, i will be up to listen)

Here is my last video on the state of the map (Posted yesterdays late night)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k60eMY814B0
I know lightning needs some tweaking, I'll try to do my best when everything else is completed

Communication Towers : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12815

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:28 pm 

Awesome work Cyclope. Man, I hope those doors work that perfect on line. Then it's all gravy from there. Have you tested the doors in online play yet?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:38 pm 

Nice work on the doors, and map looks exactly the same its awesome!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:59 pm 

Wow this looks pretty real :o ! Can't wait to try it out !

Too bad you had to fake the elevator shaft and ladder :( I hope you ll be able to find a fix for this to make it better looking !

And in my memories; the ladder was not in the middle of the right wall but in tu right back corner ! But that's a detail and I know it was probably not possible to put it right there :p

- [ Join our server - SSHD, 120 Ticks, Extremely low ping ] -

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:58 pm 

Very nice work.with Weapons cache... i've just finished all BSP Brushes in Collapsed tunnel.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:12 pm 

[?]^]-[ammer_T!me wrote:
Good work guys, I'm looking forward to the remakes! The mission editor is a bullseye hit by the Devs, this is exactly what this game needed!

We're glad you like it :-D

For all of the people that have said in the past "Wouldn't it be cool if..." Now you can do it yourself. (within reason and UE limitations of course)

It's surprising what you can pick up quickly and if you're inclined to try it out, there are tons of tutorials and mappers in our forums that can help you to complete your map vision.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 pm 
Mission Editor
Mission Editor

@Eagle,
The ladder was in front of the vent, right where is my ladder wich goes to vent, i can see this in my other monitor in AA2.8.5. Yes i will stll try to find a way to make it work like original, but for now i think it will make the job.

@-=}WoLvErInE{=-,
All door are installed are works wells. They open in ONE direction only and you can crack it anytime you want, next hit they reverse, and so on. We also tested it, but real test starts just now as we start it on a private server and test many think.

Everthing is done. I'm testing on our private and try to release it before going to bed tonight !

Remember i'm alone doing this map, thats my first map ever, start learning UDK a month ago. So the lightning will certainly not be perfect at all, but i dont want to pass 3 days just to tweak each light. Not really alone, have 2-3 friends helping me in testing and reporting bugs, and search for special items in a map while i still build something else. Help of those guys is really appreciated.

Doors are a little tricky at start but after couple of use, you would masterise them i'm sure.

Cheers !
Cyclope aKa -GunZ.

Communication Towers : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12815

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:33 pm 

Collapsed tunnel:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12641

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:26 pm 

I'll be doing a version of Border.
I'll be doing a full convert from the real AA2 map.
Then I'll visually improve the map where I can using materials and other techniques that are new to this engine.

I'll use this thread for my updates:
http://aa-maps.net/aamap/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:32 am 

ProphetOfDoom wrote:
There is already a pipeline out there. And it looks like it has been updated. McReady made it I believe.

I am making a remake of AA2's Pipeline as well but its not going to look like the old pipeline. Just the same layout. Kind of like how hospital was updated.

Pipeline needs the Grenade launcher attachment for the M4.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions