Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: AA2 Maps in Production
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
I think Roach's version is pretty fun. I know it's not identical to the AA2 version, but still plays well.

+1

I would love to see SF Oasis.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 am 

Me to! I loved hiding in the water by the Humvee, catch the ones not paying attention all day long!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm 

Altan, would you consider releasing non-cooked versions of these maps either here or elsewhere? I would love to see if I could play around with some of the old maps. Update textures, add new pathways or portions to the maps etc. It would be easier to use the converted versions rather than remaking everything from scratch.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:42 pm 

Whiplash27 wrote:
Altan, would you consider releasing non-cooked versions of these maps either here or elsewhere? I would love to see if I could play around with some of the old maps. Update textures, add new pathways or portions to the maps etc. It would be easier to use the converted versions rather than remaking everything from scratch.

No.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:52 pm 

Ouch! It's ok whiplash these maps will never reach a top spot in this version of A A anyway, The fan base for old maps is not what it once was!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 pm 

Maybe you can add Pipeline on the list for testing?
:wink:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =320694949

(V) (',,') (V)

TO DO IS TO BE, TO BE IS TO DO, DO BE DO BE DO

Pipeline

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:36 pm 

Altan_AA wrote:
Whiplash27 wrote:

No.

Shouldn't it be about the community though? Everyone "in the loop" already knows you are a beast at what you do, what do you have to lose?

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:41 am 

Yesterday we set up a UMM Classic server (176.57.184.125) and it's mostly running Altan's maps. I played a few rounds of Border on it and found multiple invisible walls where I should be able to walk. This would be a really quick fix to do myself, but seeing that Altan doesn't release uncooked maps we are now at his mercy of improving the maps and make it playable. I don't even know whether he still takes user input/bug reports or whether these maps are considered done?
The grass popping in everywhere on Border is quite annoying to us too, again would be a very easy fix uncooked.

Seems like Altan is going for the the-more-maps-the-better approach but I fear those classic AA2 maps won't ever get popular again without the right polish :/

@Altan: I took some screenshots of the problems, in case you want to know the exact locations.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:06 am 

for you to fix it would mean taking his map, making the changes and then re-uploading the map under your own account/name. what if all those people then come and give you the credit for the map? all you did was remove a couple blocking volumes and tbh didnt even need to break a sweat.

for lack of a better term its not unlike piracy, taking what someone else has created then sharing it with others, best practice it to ask the person (Altan in this case) if they can make the changes to the map. now, theres absolutely no harm in asking if someone minds sharing their creation, but if they so no.. you have to either take it on the chin and hope your feedback on the maps issues get fixed.. or go in and make the map yourself from scratch as he did.

if he dont want to supply others with all the hard work and hours he must have put into making the maps in the first place, thats entirely his choice.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 am 

Trubbleshooter. wrote:
Yesterday we set up a UMM Classic server (176.57.184.125) and it's mostly running Altan's maps. I played a few rounds of Border on it and found multiple invisible walls where I should be able to walk. This would be a really quick fix to do myself, but seeing that Altan doesn't release uncooked maps we are now at his mercy of improving the maps and make it playable. I don't even know whether he still takes user input/bug reports or whether these maps are considered done?
The grass popping in everywhere on Border is quite annoying to us too, again would be a very easy fix uncooked.

Seems like Altan is going for the the-more-maps-the-better approach but I fear those classic AA2 maps won't ever get popular again without the right polish :/

@Altan: I took some screenshots of the problems, in case you want to know the exact locations.

At the moment I'm dedicating all my editor time to the AA3 Mod.

For the full AA2 experience nothing beats the original maps:
http://aao25.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Community Missions