Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flag Ownership colour at the top of the HUD
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 pm 

In game, you're always on Blue Team in terms of HUD symbols and when you pick up the flag, your team sees the flag ownership notification "Player X Has The Flag" in blue at the top of the screen. The ENEMY sees it as Red.

My map All Terrain is a dual team extract, meaning both teams can fight to get the flag and then extract.

I'm seeing a bug I haven't been able to design out in which your team ALWAYS sees the flag ownership in blue, even if the enemy has it! Is this even built into AAPG? Can I make it so the notification properly shows who owns the flag?

It's been really confusing on the servers while testing!!! Any help would be very much appreciated. This is a big gameplay issue!

Post subject: Re: Flag Ownership colour at the top of the HUD
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 pm 

If it's a bug, there is not much that can be done.

There might be the possibility that you can build you own notification using kismet, comparing the player using the flag team against your own, and changing the your own notification according (Blue/Red)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:51 pm 

Thanks Altan. Good points. I guess I figured if I could isolate it as a known bug I wouldn't waste time trying to fix it. It really affects gameplay as people get confused about tactics when they think their team has the flag!

This entire map is designed around the two team extract concept, using the TAH gametype.

I feel I'm missing something as the Round Start still shows Attack/Defend yet TAH shows both teams as Attack? I'm going to go root around in the Slums objective and mission properties again.....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:49 pm 

I've tried everything obvious and I can't see how to show the flag as possessed by the other team.

: shrug :

:(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support