Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: *Resolved*: Lighting Build Memory Allocation Error
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:27 pm 

*Resolved*

I made the following changes and my Editor now works great, loads all assets smoothly, builds lighting great, builds everything great ...

This worked for me, on my machine ... it may work for you too ...

Think rationally and make good decisions about what YOU do to YOUR computer before YOU change anything like I did ...

Its a simple change ... in Advanced settings, Performance, I changed my Virtual Memory settings ... It reads "Recommended : 24576 Mb" I set my limits like this "Min : 30000 Mb Max : 90000 Mb"
** Important to note that I have that much Open Space on my SSD (Hard Drive) **

I no longer receive any memory errors during any map "Build" process

I can now load "All Assets" in the Content Browser and not crash the Editor

The Editor works very smoothly, no pauses, no spinning mouse icon, no lag during Landscape "painting" of gravel paths, cliff rock ... etc

I hope this helps others that are having similar issues while running the Editor on their machines

Post subject: Re: **Resolved** Lighting Build Memory Allocation Error
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:08 pm 

mighty glad to hear your all squared up now :mrgreen:

but you allocated between 29GB and 88GB to the virtual memory pagefile on an SSD? wowsers :shock:

how much RAM does your PC have? i imagine its more worthwhile upgrading that.. rather than exposing extra writes to your SSD (which will only help shorten its lifetime) not to mention even though SSDs are considerably faster than HDDs its still going to be slower than RAM.

Post subject: Re: **Resolved** Lighting Build Memory Allocation Error
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:41 pm 

CNET review of my SSD "the Extreme Pro has an extremely high endurance of more than 80TB. In other words, if you write 20GB to the drive per day every day, it'd take more than 11 years for the drive to run out of P/E cycles. Most of us write much less than 20GB per day to our computer's internal drive per day and definitely not everyday."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support