Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: kismet
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:01 pm 

working on a map with some kismet in , i used a tut to build my "explosions" set of by a trigger , in the editor they all work fine ,they are set to "reload" at 20 sec intervals so they will go off again ,works fine in the editor , boom ,smoke, flying dirt, noise all works great , build and publish , round starts they work great , boom etc etc , then only the sound reloads so you end up with an explosion , with no smoke or dirt , any one got any ideas ???
the map is in steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =373639720

[img][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/lobo-68/Capture-3.png[/img][/img]

ps ,why cant i get the image to display

Post subject: Re: kismet
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:07 pm 

I faced a similar issue when I tested some stuff... Works 100% in the editor and never when run on a server.

I have a custom door system on the map with kismet setup. I have a bunch of AA_triggers for it. They work as 'Use' triggers in the editor, but turn into something weird in game. The 'Use' still works, but if you touch the trigger the door sound will play - what is not even linked to the trigger directly! I can post a screenshot, but that setup is quite complex and messy so not even I would have trouble understanding it.

Changing Actor location it also not working in-game.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:56 pm 

Perhaps adding a delay node(10 seconds) after the play Sound node that loops back to the Toggle(Turn Off).

Might also be something with Max trigger on the Emitter nodes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 am 

I'm looking at the kismet setup right now. There is a ridiculously complex part between the triggers and sounds. There are about 20-30 nodes criss-cross connected with each other and there are at least 8 nodes between the trigger and the sounds. I built in some delay, so the sound can only be played once a second - if there is no delay, you can make your game crash by spamming the sound. Max trigger is set to 0 - infinite activations allowed. The touch trigger bug never happens in singleplayer.

The funny part is that the node responsible for activating the right sound is basically controlling the entire system. If that node would really get activated by touching the trigger that would result in a very buggy door behavior - I guess. But the door moves just fine.

In the editor and as far as I remember in offline mode every kismet stuff of mine was working as intended. They began to be weird o the server. Even a very basic setup failed to move some actors.

PS: Are there any node types disabled in multiplayer? Or everything should work?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:45 pm 

strange thing if you go, editor- manage- and play in single player it all works ,go in on the server and it wont ,i set the toogle to 20 sec delay and once the trigger has been triggerd it goes off automaticlly every 20 secs , works but not what i wanted , so im trying setting a float with the trigger to see if that works ,

still would like any ideas

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 pm 

I believe somethings are disabled for online play so people don't use them or set them up to be exploited. I had the same thing when I did CSAR with the grass sound. Take a look my map and see how i did it. I used a "note" actor to set it up.

So changing to AAtrigger didn't help I see?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm 

no jon , changing trigger didnt make any difference, neither did adding the float , it seems the trigger reloads and the sound does , just not the particle effects , so in effect it works , just not the particles , but the particles will work if i set toogle , then they explode every 20 sec which is the set reload time

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:43 pm 

Without having your kismet bro,Its hard to break it down..
But you could use a Matinee to create this effect..
Add matinee-NewParticleGroup name it ""BoombabyBoom"
You will have a toggle track""On/Off"
Fairly simple way of doing them..

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm 

thanks , lets hope i can get my head around it , old dogs new tricks , :)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm 

I'll be on TS later on today and tomorrow...So I can walk you thru it. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support