Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Correct Team Settings for Occupy Objective
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:58 pm 

Basically, both teams are on Assault ... each team trying to Occupy and Hold the 3 objectives at the same time ...

In the Mission Editor (64-bit) I set Red (Assault) to capture all 3 objectives and win the round ... easy enough ... I then set the Blue (Defense) to capture all 3 objectives and win the round ... looks good ... but when I close the Mission Editor and reopen it, the Blue Team now has a direct "win" line going straight from "A to B", this means that Defense wins if Assault "times out" before Occupying all 3 Objectives ...

The Mission Editor, Game Logic, World Settings ... something is adding that "Defense wins if Assault time's out" line to the Mission

I need the "Draw" option to occur when neither team gets all 3 objectives before the timer ends the round

How do I stop the Mission Editor from adding the "A to B" win command to the Blue -Defense side ?

How do I set up the mission so the round ends in a "Draw" when neither team controls all 3 objectives?

What are my options for awarding points on "Draw" rounds? Simply no victory points but all other scoring counts? Or, can I award no points on a "Draw" round? --- Dangerous thought but someone has to ask the question! ----

Post subject: Re: Correct Team Settings for Occupy Objective
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:37 am 

you gotta leave the obj neutral if you want both teams to the same thing. The can't be team specific.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 am 

All objectives are neutral ... no options are checked ... Formula = A to X, X to Y, X to Z , Left Control drag all three objectives and & symbol to B ... "Win" shows in the Objective Order box ... Same process from B ... Close Mission Editor, Open Mission Editor and a straight line from B to A is now included ... that allows Defense to win by either capturing all 3 objectives or just preventing Assault from capturing all 3 objectives ... isn't fair and is too easy for Defense to win rounds ... if the Mission Editor didn't add that extra option I would get the "Draw" finish I'm trying to achieve ...I think it would, anyway

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 pm 

... Developers, ... anyone have the answer?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:23 pm 

open up Slums Occupy and take a look at that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 am 

This first image shows the Mission Editor setup that I created ...

This second image shows the Mission Editor setup after I simply close and reopen ...

Notice there is now an "arrow" going directly from "B to A" ... it was added automatically when I closed the Mission Editor and reopened it ...

That arrow adds the "defense wins if assault times out before occupying all 3 objectives"

Why is that being added?

How can I stop it from being added?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am 

Yes, That's like I told you on TS, It's buggy sometimes. Once you get that, you'll need to delete them all and start again. Once you do too many connections or play around with them too much, they seem to get bugged.

Just be careful connecting things. Be patient and think thing through.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm 

Wolverine, thank you very much for your help ...

I deleted all 3 objectives. Saved the map. Added one objective at a time, simply unchecked the "should disable" box that is set by default, named them X, Y, Z. Didn't touch any other settings.

Mission Editor, did Assault mission flow ... did Defense mission flow ... closed Mission Editor

Open Mission Editor and the Defense direct B to A line was back again.

Deleted all 3 objectives. Saved. Opened Mission editor and Assault was blank. Defense had the line from B to A ... mission didn't have any objectives at all at that time ...

Going fishing to save my computer from a "hammer-attack" ...

Objectives have "tickets", when should they be left at "0" ? Should they ever be changed?

Musing: Take-and-Hold is the mission option used for Occupy ... the objective type is "activate" for Occupy, since you are essentially "activating the objective" when you Occupy it ... the Objective must be able to be taken by either team and retaken by either team several times in a single round ... that is fairly complicated logic since it ties into scoring and mission victory conditions ... the Mission editor has a default setting of Red on Assault and Blue on Defense ... but in Occupy it must be set for both Assault and Defense to have the same exact mission flow ...

It seems that having a mission type of "Occupy" that would set both teams to Assault mode in the Mission Editor, would automatically "mirror" the mission flow of Red to the mission flow of Blue, and set all objectives to a "take-retake" mode ... would make things much easier. So, selecting the "Occupy" mission would trigger a "preset" of the correct settings for a battle over the same objectives.

Just thinking ... I'll retry adding the objectives when I get back ...

Thanks again!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 pm 

You gotta delete the spawns and command points, not necessary the objective, but that would help too.

Or you can delete the info inside your command point properties. Info is stored in there, so unless you delete it , or remove the command re-add it....those lines will keep coming back.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:27 pm 

I'm going through exactly this situation right now with a flag extract map that either team can extract. I could make either team win, but I couldn't make them "Draw" on time out. The game still sees Attack/Defend conditions.

The "Take and Hold" in WorldInfo > Mission Info doesn't seem to change this. I dug around in Slums, and tested the following with success.

To allow a level design with both teams able to accomplish the objective but have a "DRAW" if neither do......

Set the following:

Code:
View > World Properties > World Info > My Map Info > Mission Info > Object Template "NoObjectives"

View > World Properties > Game Type > Default Game Type "AAGameTakeAndHold"

View > World Properties > Game Type > Game Type for PIE "AAGameTakeAndHold"

Also, make sure BOTH teams in your Objective Editor have the proper win conditions set for the objectives. It works! Good luck :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support