Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: IF Objective Kismet
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:57 pm 

Hey guys,

Alright so quick run-down, what I am trying to do is to setup (in Kismet) a way that IF Objective Whiskey has been destroyed to open a containing door (or something to that effect). Here is what I have thus far:

Any idea why this is not working right? I have tried all available connector and I am lost.

PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R.2.0, EVGA GTX 760, 8GB Corsair Vengeance

Post subject: Re: IF Objective Kismet
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:43 pm 

You're probably better off setting a matinee sequence. so you would add /set up movable doors in matinee, and attach your objective sequence to play at as soon as is captured or destroyed. This way you can set it up the way you like. you can even do it were if 1 team occupies and objective it opens the doors, but if the area gets taken back it closes the door.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:51 pm 

See that is essentially what I am doing. However, the above node is either not working or I am using it for the wrong purpose.

So... let's see if I can explain it better.

Team Destroys Object > Once destroyed it activates a matinee to open the door

For some reason within Kismet it gets lost in translation in between the two of them. I should probably try running Debug Kismet eh?

EDIT - Nevermind no Visual Debugger for Kismet

PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R.2.0, EVGA GTX 760, 8GB Corsair Vengeance

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 pm 

I don't really understand your issue. Do you mean you want 'event 2' to happen as soon as 'event 1' is finished? Or do you want 'event 2' possible to happen, if 'event 1' has been already finished?

You can achieve the 1st quite easily: simply link 'event 2' with the 'trigger' triggering 'event 1'. You can make the 2nd with a gate, what is closed by default, and gets opened, when 'event 1' is done.

Sorry, if I have misunderstood.

EDIT: I just saw your last post. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the objectives in Kismet. Does the door work otherwise?

Last edited by Levente963 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:59 pm 

[mod edit - TOS violation]... I figured it out! LOL!

I used the generic event instead of using the object specific one!

In a nuttshell I want Event 2 to happen ONCE Event 1 has been finished. For some reason I did not look for the object specific node instead of the generic one.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:43 pm 

Objective one should have work too. Not sure what happened there.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:05 pm 

I think I see what happened here. You have the defending team 1 capturing and not team 0 the attacking team. or do you have your objective where both team can capture the point? Also I think you would need destroyed state, no? Anyways no biggie you figured it out. Just bugging me why didn't work.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:18 pm 

Alright, well I used every connection available for it. I also have it set that Team 1 has control, Team 0 has to take it away.

As for why it did not work, maybe I had the wrong Instigator? Essentially using the object event worked. Although, I am unsure if the Instigator was in fact supposed to be the Object itself. Hmm...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support