Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mission Editor Error
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:44 pm 

Been playing AA:PG for some time now and figured I would try the Mission Editor feature out. The Unreal Editor works fine no problems, just a little to advanced for myself at this point so I wanted to see how the Mission Editor worked. Every time I go to launch it, It loads then displays an error message saying "Ran out of video memory! Exiting..." have tried running it in 32-bit as well but no change.

Computer Specs:
Win 7 Ult
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
RAM 8.00GB
64-bit OS
GTX 770 4GB GDDR5

GPU is fully up to date. The RAM could be a little more but I feel that 8GB should be more than enough with 4GB of video ram.

Has anyone else seen/had this problem so far?

Post subject: Re: Mission Editor Error
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm 

First step verify cache could be some important files missing..
if that's not the issue make sure your not fully loading all the assets in content browser you will most likely receive that error message.
Also if your using the Basic editor its piggy backing off the Advanced editor so it requires"lets say more juice".
8Gb is fine my old rig runs AAPG:AME and AAPG:BME just fine..
let us know what happens...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:30 am 

I had this error long ago in the advanced editor. My system was 64bit and I was running it 32bit, this caused the issue if I remember correctly. Mare sure it REALLY starts up the correct editor version. Back in time it had a tendency to start the 32bit version, no matter what I picked.

To make sure you start the correct version of the ME (64bit) make a new desktop icon with this command:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\ME64\AAGameEditor.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

The "-s are part of it as well. You can modify this to reach the 32bit version etc...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:05 am 

When I had that error it was caused by adding file in wrong folder.
Might want to read these;
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14659
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14616

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:36 pm 

Levente963 wrote:
I had this error long ago in the advanced editor. My system was 64bit and I was running it 32bit, this caused the issue if I remember correctly. Mare sure it REALLY starts up the correct editor version. Back in time it had a tendency to start the 32bit version, no matter what I picked.

To make sure you start the correct version of the ME (64bit) make a new desktop icon with this command:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\ME64\AAGameEditor.exe" editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning

The "-s are part of it as well. You can modify this to reach the 32bit version etc...

Have tried this and verified no change.

snom wrote:
When I had that error it was caused by adding file in wrong folder.
Might want to read these;
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14659
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14616
this is what I thought was going to be the problem as well, but as far as I can see the files were correct as stated in those posts.

I feel completely stupid now though. I took a wild guess and figured I would try to download IE9 and see if it would run correctly, thinking why would any program be picky about using IE... it worked. I'll be over in the corner face palming now. Thanks for the help though guys.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:20 pm 

I get the virtual memory error to now and then. I put it down to only having a 8800gt 512mb gfx card. But i have 16gb of ram and 120 GB space left on my SSD. It happens when i try to load alot of the packages or a massive light build on a big map.

What is strange is ive watched my resource monitor run while cooking and it gave me the virtual memory error but i still had 6 gb of memory left available.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support