Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Will 3Dcrafter program produce useable files?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:06 pm 

I'm trying to find a 3D program that a simple man can use ... that will allow me to "create my own" and "import and convert" static meshes to AA:PG formats.

Will 3DCrafter work? I've searched the net but can't find out ... installing and learning programs I have no experience with is daunting, knowing if I have a program that will actually work with AA:PG before I start would be very helpful

I have Blender but I'm struggling to understand the 3D design to static mesh process

I'm looking for a technical course or very calm designer in my local area ... pray for me

Post subject: Re: Will 3Dcrafter program produce useable files?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm 

Here you go http://www.blender.org free and powerful.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:08 pm 

I use Blender 2.7 to make assets. It's a very powerful tool, and it is free.

There are plenty of basic tutorials on youtube. Any tutorials for Blender 2.5+ will be good for the basics.

BigRed13 wrote:
I have Blender but I'm struggling to understand the 3D design to static mesh process

I'm looking for a technical course or very calm designer in my local area ... pray for me

How do you mean that? Importing from blender to static mesh? I can explain that, if that is the step you are missing. (Short version: use .fbx files)

If you learn Blender, you will have a tool not just for making assets, but basically anything a non-professional man would EVER need.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm 

I need to learn blender to. I made a simple square that i imported into the editor but i need still need to learn how to wrap it with a texture and make the uv part.

I know there is tutorials out there but maybe we could have our own one for this site. Apart from the editor crashes creating our own assets is the most difficult barrier we have to making great maps.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support