Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mission Editor
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:02 pm 

On my computer, in both Basic and Advanced editors, under Mission Editor, I can't multi-select objectives (ctrl + right click). I can only select and move objectives one at a time. Also, this prevents me from getting the "&" icon.

Obviously, this means I can't set up any Missions with multiple objectives. I'm guessing my only route is to use Kismet?

People say "open an existing map with the objectives you want and copy + paste them into your map" ... sounds great but how is that done?

A tutorial would be very helpful ....

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Mission Editor
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm 

I start with the basic editor and then swict over to advanced. If you can not select multiple objives by clicking first one then holding control and clicking next one something is wrong with your .ini files. In that case close out editor, deleate .ini files and then relaunch. The files are required automatically. If you are still having issues try this. Open content browser, select scene tab. Find your objectives on the list and select as you normnaly would for multiple objects. See if this helps. Let me know.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:45 pm 

I can multi-select all three objectives in the "Scene" tab. When I return to the map and right-click any objective, it says "objective (3 selected) .... f4" at the top. I tried copy and paste into kismet but nothing happened ... I even tried pasting into the mission editor and nothing happened.

So, Yes I can multi-select all three objectives under the "scene" tab ... what should I try next?

Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am 

To select more than one obj, you'll need to select the 1st one then hold ctrl and Left click any thing else after that.

and its also ctrl + Left click in mission planner/obj editor. ........not right click. :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:59 pm 

Sorry for the confusion, neither "right click" nor "left click" makes any difference. I simply can't select more than one objective at a time. That means I can't use any multi-objective game mode.

If dropping my computer from about 5 feet up would help, let me know ... that's the only option I haven't tried

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm 

Do you have your windows keyboard language settings to USA english???

You should probably watch some UDK tutorial videos online to help. When i get stuck i use google searches like "udk selecting multiple objects" instead of looking on here. Then if that fails i try "ue3 selecting multiple objects". I hope this helps.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:00 pm 

I promise tutorial coming. I've been real busy moving. I will get something out to you guys.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 am 

This issue was resolved with Wolverines help ... Check his post about setting up objectives

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support