Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: UTWaterVolume
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm 

I am trying to make water but in Advanced Editor there is no UTWaterVolume in Add Volume list.My question is where i can find this or download?

Second question:I am looking one option.When i try to shoot from distance to windows,glass are gone but when i come closer glass show up again.I am looking option to set this on max.Player need to see glass in windows from far distance and he must have possibilty to shoot them too.Where i can set visibility?

Post subject: Re: UTWaterVolume
 Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 am 

Quote:
I am trying to make water but in Advanced Editor there is no UTWaterVolume in Add Volume list.My question is where i can find this or download?

If your trying to create water for players to swim..This is not possible since there are no swim anims.
If your trying to create a drown water volume...Use a post process volume, change to a blue using Scene Tones,Scene colorize add Depth of field,even add fog ConstantDensityInfo "change its color" to give the illusion of deep water.Also add a AAplayerDamageVolume

Quote:
Second question:I am looking one option.When i try to shoot from distance to windows,glass are gone but when i come closer glass show up again.I am looking option to set this on max.Player need to see glass in windows from far distance and he must have possibilty to shoot them too.Where i can set visibility?

This is because of MaxDrawDistance.
Select the asset press f4 and in search filter type Max Draw..
You now will see MaxDrawDistance in StaticMeshComponent Rendering
Change its value..The bigger the value the asset will stay rendered on your map.
This is used to help performance..

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:23 pm 

Damn i hate when limits blocking my imagination ;)
So looks like there will be no swimming...I used post proces this i did before

And this is what hapen when you go below and with this i am fighting now i turned on Blur and DOF and after your advise Colorize.
But this still dont look enough good for me when i am underwater...;( without UTWater i dont feel like i am under water ;( You have any more advice?And where to find that fog?I add before Particle system fog but i wish to check your fog idea?Can you tell me where to find ConstantDensityInfo and that AAplayerDamage is necessary?You mean AAPlayerAreaDamageVolume?Can i add somehow atleast minimum underwater effect?I mean player must feel then he is underwater...?
Thank you 4 Support m8

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:43 pm 

Just a suggestion. Maybe you could have the underwater blue slowly fade to dark. So when the player is sinking it is also getting darker. I personally think the effect you have now would be fine. I mean, the player will be dying as soon as they hit the bottom right?

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:21 am 

Quote:
Can you tell me where to find ConstantDensityInfo

You can find this in actor classes.Located..View-Browser window-Actor Classes..
In search filter of Actor Classes..Type fog..the you will see the list of fog variants you can choose from..
Quote:
AAplayerDamage is necessary?
Yes... only if you don't want player to walk under water..
Quote:
You mean AAPlayerAreaDamageVolume?
Yes..
With the right DOF "Depth of Field"setting and Multiple fog volumes set at different density..example bottom fog volume set at
and top volume set at
you should be able to achieve what you want..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support