Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: blackhawk sound problem
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:44 pm 

Hello, is there a way to make the Idle blackhawk sound dome or sound ball smaller so it wont cover the whole map? I want to drag it down so it just covers the landing pad the helicopter stands on and alittle more, but pressing space to get the 3 red cubes the dome/ball doesnt become smaller it seems locked in Place.

maybe im doing something wrong

Post subject: Re: blackhawk sound problem
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:25 pm 

Try this

Select sound icon (speaker) then press F4. This opens the assets properties box. Look for the settings that control min and max radius. Change the numbers. You will see the rings change. Let me know if you need any more help.

Last edited by Radical_Magic63 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 pm 

you gotta change the min and max radius of the sound in the properties.

highlight the sound node (icon) you want to change and press F4

in the properties you can change various settings but the ones your looking for is highlighted in pic below, you can change volume and other things in here too :)

ninjad :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:12 pm 

Hi Radical_Magic63... the problem is when I press f4 or dubble tap left mosebutton after have dragging the sound from the content browser to the map I cant see any setting handling the radius...This is what is shown in properties:
Ambient sound_11 properties
-Ambient sound
-Audio
-keypoint
-movement
-Display
-Attachment
-Collision
-Physics
-Advanced
-Debug
-Object

uni-sol: If I mark the sound in the content browser, right click on the map ans choose add actor-all templates-add ambient sound simple a pop up window saying Actor factory appears and when I click ok it dissapears and the sound is on the map. Now when I press f4 I have 1 more ability than Before.
Ambientsoundsimple_31 properties:
Ambient sound simple. Clicking on it openes up
Attenuation. clicking on it opens up ability to change radius min and max ;)
Now it looks like the Picture you have and under Attenuation I can manipulate the radius min and max and when I Close properties the sound sphere has shrunk so it worked fine but when I try to play the map there is no sound.

I have tried it afew times and I wonder should I have chosen to add another actor than ambient sound simple?
Dragging the sound from the content browser to the map doesnt bring up the same window as the one in your pic with ambient sound single at the top.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 pm 

when you play the map can you hear other sounds? footsteps.. the sound of your gunfire? things like that?

if i get a spare few minutes tomorrow i will make a quick video showing how i add/manipulate their properties, screenshots and text dont always cover it properly. the sound your trying to add.. what is the exact filename within the browser?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support